Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-11-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
Thinking of heading to New Melones this weekend to camp, but would like to find out from you WW's that have been there recently what the lake level is at? What campgrounds do you usually camp in? Where are the better riding spots on the lake? Tuttletown or Glory Hole? Anyone else from the board going to be there? Thanks for any input.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
Hey Kimmy

We always launch at Glory Hole. There's a gas station right there at the last turn. From the ramp, go left, and head out towards the bridges. Go under both of them. The channel gets narrower the further you go, until you finaly end up in a perfect riding spot. Only thing is, in August, you'll be fighting for good water there. It will be packed. But, even when the water is not ridable, there are cool rock jumps back there and the scenery is awesome. I'll see if I can find a map to show you where I am talking about.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
Go up the Stanislaus River

Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-11-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
Hey Kimmy wont be there this weekend but launching at Glory hole is the best, Go strait out towards the bridges as J-Rod said but if you launch early you will have great water jus to the left of the launch. You will se a little island to the left before you get around the bend to the bridges. This is a great place to ride early a.m. after that head to the bridges and enjoy.
As far as camping we usually camp there once or twice a year. Good location, I think the Tuttle town has some nicer spots over looking the lake if you get there early (I was told you can reserve now as well) if not stay on the Glory hole side. It is easier to get to the good water.
Enjoy..
Old    sonicr1            08-11-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
I was at Tuttletown yesterday... I have never seen the water so far down!!! We were on the #3 ramp, if you know what I meen. I never knew it was there!
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
Here's a link of the lake levels for California. Apparently, they're so low for irrigation purposes. This is what a sheriff told us a fews ago. Also, I was told Tuttletown was better to launch at the ramp isn't so steep there.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/RES
Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Hey Kimmy, Have fun. Did you get my voicemail?
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-11-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Nope Rene did not get your voice mail message. You got mine though, call me up. What's up, Rene! cooo-cooo-caaa-chew....
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-12-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
Good chatting with you Rene. I know you can't post but I know you are going to read this. You and Stacey have a BLAST in Vegas, baby! Win big $!