Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-03-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
I want to get a new cover for my boat. Ive had some quotes here (Im in New Zealand) but the prices are exhorbitant, so i was thinking about importing one and then modifying it to suit my tower location.

What are the best covers to get and from where. What things are crap and need to be watched out for? There seems to be a huge range of materials to choose from.

Cheers
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-03-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
I would get something made from Sunbrella fabric. Mine came from Evolution Covers. A good cover will cost updwards of $800. You should be able to find something custom made for your boat and not have to modify it.
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-03-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply. Half the covers ive seen were around 400ish USD so thought i would ask.

My V210's a 97 and didnt come standard with the tower, so im not 100% that the tower mounting points would be similar to others hence the need to modify it.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-03-2011, 7:47 PM Reply   
Try Westland:
http://www.westlandcovers.com/index.php?page=boatcovers

The original cover that came with my boat new in '99 still looks great!
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-03-2011, 10:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwake View Post
I want to get a new cover for my boat. Ive had some quotes here (Im in New Zealand) but the prices are exhorbitant, so i was thinking about importing one and then modifying it to suit my tower location.

What are the best covers to get and from where. What things are crap and need to be watched out for? There seems to be a huge range of materials to choose from.

Cheers
I got mine for my Sanger 215 through iboats.com & had it shipped to Australia no problems. Took just over 2 weeks. Cost about $750 + $280 shipping. That was for the Sunbrella fabric & it also covers the swim platform too. Don't get a black one if you intend to leave it outside as the heat will turn white vinyl a yellowish color. I got cadet grey as it never looks dirty and stays cool as my boat lives on an airdock. This is my cover in the pics. I have a length of 25mm conduit with a T piece on each end with a slot cut out of the T piece that clips onto the handrail over the side seating that holds the cover up in the middle.
Heres the link to your cover its only $515 http://boatcovers.iboats.com/Sanger/...t_id=933797822
Attached Images

Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-04-2011, 12:46 AM Reply   
Cheers everyone.

Whats the big difference between sharkskin, the sharkskin plus and the sunbrella when it comes to quality?
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-04-2011, 2:22 AM Reply   
Sharkskin & sharkskin plus are an acrylic where the sunbrella is more like a lightweight canvas. There were a couple of posts on here when I was looking for a cover that mentioned their sharkskin covers didn't last to many years.