Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-23-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
How in the world do you get off axis on a trampoline? I can't get an off axis spin for the life of me.
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       04-23-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
can you do bat wings on the trampoline?
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
No, I can't figure out how to get myself into that position. I've been trying to do raleys as well and can't figure out to get myself laid out. Is there some sort of trick to the way you jump?
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-24-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Keep the rope tight and you just can be scared to let your feet out behind you. Aleas for the raily the first time u commit to it u will probably land it. OA spins and batwings are he same if u let your body do the trick its easy just have to comit of all of them
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
What do you mean let your feet out behind you? Do you jump out and let them fling behind you or do you jump straight up and throw them behind you? I always end up landing on my belly like jumping into a belly flop.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
Melanie: First make sure your rope is tied to something which will support plenty of force. Assuming you have a quality attachment point and a good quality rope and handle you can begin this trick. Remember, the rope is your life line. When I do this trick, if I were to let go of the rope I would end up flying off the trampoline.

Now, start jumping up and down. Slowly start jumping away from the handle allowing your feet to get behind you. A good was to think of it is as a tug of war, all with your legs. Your going to jump back trying to pull on the rope like it were a tug of war. You pull with the handle to get your feet back underneath you. Let us know how it goes.
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
Thanks M-Dizzle! As for spinning OA, I would do that same to get my feet behind me and at the same time pull the handle for my spin? I have to go practice now, I'll check back later...
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
If you want to spin off axis on the trampoline you can start with the raley type jump this will get your air awareness down and the general idea. If you want to apply it to learning an OA spin behind the boat you do not use the same jump as the raley. When you do a raley on the trampoline you are jumping AWAY from the handle with your hips. Personally I want my hips as close to the handle as possible on a OA spin behind the boat; it makes handle passes a lot easier. For this you SET the axis with the handle pull on the trampoline. This is a completely different jump to mimic the pull behind the boat. The way I mimic an OA spin on the trampoline is the jump with the line tight. I then do a regular up and down jump and yank as hard as I can with the handle. This sets my axis. It took about 2 dozen of these on the trampoline to get a good solid air awareness for the trick. Once I did though, I stuck my 3rd attempt at a HS OA 3. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-03-2008, 11:38 PM Reply   
Don't bother with raleys on the trampoline, they are too different from how you actually do them behind the boat... In order to get tension for the raley on the trampoline, you actually have to jump against the line a bit, while behind the boat you cut hard to build tension. Do BATWINGS on the trampoline instead.