Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-28-2011, 5:49 AM Reply   
Does anybody know if there is a rule at the KC Cable park about having to have a CGA vest or does it not really matter what you wear?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-28-2011, 6:05 AM Reply   
CGA only. You will get tossed out for a comp vest. They are like hawks up there on vests, so save yourself the hassle and just take your CGA.

The only cable park in America that will let you roll a comp vest at all times is OWC.
Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-28-2011, 6:52 AM Reply   
I wish more cable parks would allow comp vests I hate wearing my CGA vest.... to bulky.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-28-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
I wish more cable parks would allow comp vests I hate wearing my CGA vest.... to bulky.
Id look into a different cga vest. Ive seen some and have one thats not too much bulkier than a comp vest.
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-28-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
wait till your knocked out on the other side of the cable.. and I guarantee you... you will be glad your are wearing a CGA.. You'd be amazed at the time it takes for someone to get to you (floating unconciously) at a cable park!!!
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-29-2011, 5:53 PM Reply   
Looks like ill be in the market for a new vest that is CGA approved. Does anybody know of any CGA vests that are not bulky?
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2011, 6:19 PM Reply   
Most CGA vests these days are segmented and have plenty of flex. I'm not here to preach but if you wear a vest that won't float you whats the point. I am pretty sure no comp vest will float you knocked unconscious. That said, I love my JP Murray. Maybe its because I am older and have more stuff to worry about, but I won't ever wear a comp vest and wont let people ride my boat with one.
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-29-2011, 6:49 PM Reply   
Im looking at the JP Murray but i was wondering about the Hyperlite Hatch. Is it bulky or heavy? Overall is it a good lifejacket to be used for wakeboarding?
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-01-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
LF Hinge!! All I ride is cable and I too used to complain about comp vests... Wait til you start taking stuff larger... You will thank God for that CGA vest!!