Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (ryan11)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-30-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
just wondering if anybody else has had problems with the 420 eq from wet sounds
. i have had mine for 1 year and the first one lasted 6 months and then 6 months later the second eq has gone out . At first the eq was not letting the tower speakers come on and now the interior speakers are not working properly . I had the boat over at the sound place all day and they agree that the amps are okay and that the eq is bad again . just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem or if its just my luck any comments would be helpful .
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-30-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
Wes,

sounds like you have something else going on go through 2 of them. Are they putting in the rubber caps on top where the gains are to make sure it is sealed on no water is getting in those holes where you adjust the gains?

The WS-420 has a conformal coated pcb. But you still need to have the caps on those holes as in some dashes. Water can leak down and would go right into the eq. And even with conformal coating, it will damage the eq.

You can have your shop call the office and speak with Gyver and send it in so we can see what happend to it.

Tim
Wet Sounds

(Message edited by wetsounds1 on March 30, 2009)
Old     (ryan11)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-30-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
thank you tim
Old     (ryan11)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-30-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
tim do you khow of any sound places that you would recommend in the la area that would be able to really help me get this massive stereo working the way it is suppose to work
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-30-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
Gyver can help you there as well. Tell him where you are located and he can see who we have close.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-31-2009, 4:07 AM Reply   
Wes, it's a little bit of a drive for you, but I suggest Wired for Sound in Murrieta. They do more big boat systems than anyone in socal and I believe they are an authorized wetsound dealer. They put in my WS-420 last spring and I have had no problems whatsoever.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-31-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Tim, I just bought the WS 420 and installed it two days ago. It sounds sweet, haven't had the boat out on the water yet, but in the garage it is extremely loud. The only issue I have is the PA/Mic system is not as loud as I thought it would be. Is there a way to turn that up.

Also I threw the fancy box away that it came in. If say the same problem happens to my WS 420 as it did with Wes do I need to return it in the fancy box to get a replacement? Not that I expect that to happen, but I want to make sure I don't void any warranty.

Wes sorry for the HiJac.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-31-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
no issues here. lovin' mine!
Old    pdxWAKE.com            03-31-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
brannon,
stupid question, but do you have the MIC knob turned up on the driver? Mine is screaming loud....
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
See

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/683119.html?1238519783
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-31-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   

why did you click on the thread if it bugs you?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
Great idea, Sam. Unfortunately it won't do a dam bit of good as so many people don't search threads, just post their own.

Goin on year 2 with the WS420. The mic is loud, turn it up if it's not. Still have a buzz in the tower speakers, but can only hear it when the music is silent.
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-31-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Bill, I have the same buzz, have you tried grounding the RCAs somehow, or grounding the rear channel RCA that is coming out empty from the head unit?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-31-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
Brannon,

No worries on the box. As for the mic. You can turn the mic up to the loudest part you get until you get feedback. And then back it down a bit. This will be as loud as you can get it based on your system. Depends on the tower and location of the speakers and what speakers and power etc...

For noise, Make sure you have the 420 grounded to the same place as the head unit and amps. And if there is a hiss, it is gain hiss. Amp gains are up too high.

There is a set up guide on the 420 page on setting up the gain structure. Follow that and it will let you get to the level you want and clean!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-31-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
i have had mine for a month the only problem was about the third time i used it the mic didnt work for about ten min. but i turn the boat off for awhile and turnied it back on and bang. worked just fine and havent had any problems since. its soo awsome to be able to just leave the volume about 95% and just fade it in and out the way you want it
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-31-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
Speaking of the mic, be careful with pulling on it. Somebody ripped the cable out of mine last year. Not an equipment fault, but an abuse fault.
Old     (muckinaround)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-01-2009, 6:11 AM Reply   
Going on my second season with mine. So far so good.