Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       08-06-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Hey Ya'll, I don't normally post here, but since Tim Nilsen and I put on the wet thurday event together I was wondering if I could get some feed back from anyone who went and what they liked and disliked about the event. I know I had a blast, and it was great to see so many people there. So this is kind of my thanks.

-Mike
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-06-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Mike is there an event next Thrus? I am going to try to make it.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       08-06-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
I thought it was pretty good. I like to see the local riders and amatures give it a shot.

Given the unpredictable nature of the river (the LOG!) having a second boat handy might be a good idea to prevent a repeat of last night's delay.

More give aways from sponsors between sets is always a good idea to keep the crowd interested and busy.

Maybe a Mens / Womens prize split might be nice to attract more female riders if you think there's enough local female riders out there.
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-06-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
I think it's a great idea. I was able to make the last two and wish there was more. 2 boats would be a good idea if something goes wrong.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-06-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
I went out to all of them and had a blast. I was a little bummed to find out that you guys were cutting it short, and not doing the last one next Thursday. Why is that anyway? There seemed to be a pretty good turnout.

Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-06-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
Hey, Mikey:

What is wet Thursday and where are these events held? Dates, times, details, etc. Are they still being held? Thanks for any info, sounds like a good time.
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       08-06-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
wet thursdays are over, but keep your eyes open for a night contest coming up soon!!

Mike
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
mike, what up yo!!! we need to hang out next time i'm up...maybe you can teach me to ride again!
Old    whitechocolate            08-06-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
I have heard good things about your events,(fun) And I know timmy "Rock Star" is all good.
when you see timmmy tell him I sad Wasss Upppp
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
It was our 1st time going, we had a great time. They need to have a log clearer though, that sucked! How's that boat doing anyway, is it out of I.C.U. yet??? The chicks rocked! I think they were better than a few of the guys out there.
Old    boardfox            08-07-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
Hey Mike whats up with this night tourny? I just started riding outlaw and I would like to find some other contest in sac. Unfortunatly I wasnt able to ride in wet thursdays because I of my job. I work at launch wakeboard school as an instructor and every other instructor was riding in the contest which left me to work every thursday because i need the cash. Anyway need a contest in sac. I heard there is a contest in redbluff next weekend. But i am very interested in this night contest.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2004, 3:25 PM Reply   
what's the story with "the log"? Was Tom Conway pulling? Just a guess....
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-09-2004, 3:32 PM Reply   
sup Mikey -

U back in town or up north still in Chico? Hope all is well bro, nextime u r in town, drop me a line, lets ride -

-= peace=-
Aaron
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-09-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Hey J-Rod, It wasn't me who did it. But it could have been. You could barely see it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
Hey, email me with your cell number. I tried to call you, but I only have Gwen's number now (your old #).

jehlers@turnitin.com