Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-24-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
I have a fairly heavily weighted 2001 SAN, and the original prop has a small chip in it. There is no vibration yet, but it is something I want to get fixed before it becomes a problem. If it can't be fixed, my brother and I are going to buy a new prop. We are thinking now of simply getting the same pitch prop, since it has no problem getting us out of the hole, but I would be willing to reconsider if a different pitched prop not only got us out of hole the same speed, but also saved us gas. If the trade off is a faster hole shot at the cost of higher running speeds through the day and more gas consumption though, we're definitely sticking with the same pitch.
Old    bocephus            07-24-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
What prop do you currently have? I know on my old boat I switched from an '03 OJ to a new ACME and everything improved, better holeshot, better fuel economy, better topspeed, lower RPMs, everything! I know that isn't suppose to happen but it did!
Old    jolly_roger_wake            07-24-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
using my boat as an example, after switching from a 19 pitch to a 17 pitch, got a better hole shot but noticed an increase in gas consumption. neither were huge, but both were noticable.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-25-2006, 2:08 AM Reply   
Call ACME propeller and give them your info. They can run some numbers and tell you what to expect.
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-25-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
I still have the stock 17 pitch that came with our boat. What one did you have Bocephus?