Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (mbkid)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-31-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0vVSrdkiE

Check it out and let Me Know what you think? I would like your in-put on this.

Note it is my first time doing this I am NO Veteran!
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
Nothing looks more amateurish when you use every transition dissolve your editing program has. Fades and quick cuts are the norm. Special transitions can be useful, but when everyone is different...
Old    mobster            02-01-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
Not bad for your 1st effort. We all over used the transitions when we started . For me less is more , trust your footie, the editor never gets the props & someone will always have some complaints . Keep working at it & your progression will come fast. Work on the flow & straight cuts when you master that you can get more creative with tricks& effects it's all about seat time in front of your computer Have fun J.L. here is the link to one of our teasers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1XSihchLeM&feature=channel_page
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-01-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
What camera and editor are you using?
Old     (mbkid)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-01-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Thank you for all the in-put I currently have a Cannon XL2 That I am shooting with and I am editing with the Pinnacle Pro Ultimate Version 12.
Another thing is that I am still getting used to how to work my camera it has so many manual controls it is just crazy but as mentioned it is just getting familiar with my equipment and programs.
By the way I liked your teaser.
Old     (joshturner)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-01-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
this is not too bad for the first go around, but like mentioned already the transitions kill it. the other thing i would look at is useing a tripod on the shots where you are shooting through and accentuating the foreground. the shots can turn out good to have something in the foreground but when you have hand shake it gets so much more accentuated buy the foreground matter.

you could also cut the name credit of the rider in half. it only takes a second to read so 10 seconds of it on the screen just starts to make it distracting.

other than the it was decent. the riding was okay to watch which helps.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       02-01-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
agree on the transitions. become familiar with your focus ring, there looked to be some auto focus issues with your shots through the reeds going back
|and forth between the rider and the reeds.

study some wakeboard movies and focus on their transitions, chaseboat shots, and quality of lighting.

Appreciated your shore shots since a wakevideo all behind the boat is boring. See if you can't get a chase boat or tube shot as well.
Old    cmoroy            02-04-2009, 3:16 AM Reply   
I dont know a lot about editing but i would have gone with some more upbeat music but thats just my opinion