Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2005, 12:21 AM Reply   
I am going to pick up an 06 board next season and i cant decide which one....i currently have n 04 byerly 142 which i still love but i want some thing w/ a lil more consistent flowy pop if that makes any sense....i think i wanna go a lil faster w/ my next board too....im thinking

LF PS3 137
LF Watson 138
LF Shane 136
and
the HL Murray 138

what do you guys think...i know i will demo some i just want some ideas
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-18-2005, 1:13 AM Reply   
any really.... the Murray is going to be the most consistant as its the only continuous rocker, regardless of how much rocker it actually has!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-18-2005, 2:06 AM Reply   
cwb marius
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-18-2005, 2:13 AM Reply   
cwb marius
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-18-2005, 7:04 AM Reply   
cwb absolute

But if you can't, the Murray isn't a bad ride.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
i wont go on a CWB board for the fact that i refuse to buy from my local cwb dealer....they are a scuba shop thats jumping on the wakeboarding bandwagon so theyr not really about the sport and dont know a thing......but i want a board w/ more hangtime...not just up and down like my byerly
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-18-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
Kellan, you wont buy a CWB for the fact that the shop in youre area is a scuba shop jumping on the wakeboard bandwagon? That dosent sound like a good reason to not buy IMO the best wakeboards on the market. At least they are getting into this great sport, and bringing in cwb is a smart move on their part because they will have youre area locked down as far as CWB goes. IMO there are alot of shops that are now jumpin on the wakeboarding bandwagon and that is good, not bad for our sport. At least now there is a place to buy the CWB product, that wasent availabe in youre area. Thats just my opinion my shop has sold wakeboards since the day we opened.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-18-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
CWB Absolute Platinum....
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
no honestly its just theyr not a riders shop....id rather support a shop thats about the sport not just a store w/ a stack of boards in the back...but its obviously people are going to keep telling me cwb even though i wont get one.....go on....
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-19-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
Youre loss Kellan. We are just tryin to help ya out.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
Yeah...because your a poser if you ride anything other than CWB right Jeff? Whatever.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-19-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
dang, assault of the CWB reps, haha. I don't think there is anything wrong with his reasoning. I know I don't go to a particular local dealer because they'll blow you off if you're not shopping for a boat. I thought the Bonifay had more consistent pop, pretty abrupt. The Watson has a good deal of speed. Demo them before you buy one, there is more than meets the eye! haha.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-19-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
Shawn, not at all. I see more post for CWB than any other brand, its not just me. I say dmeo all the boards. If you want my opinion, I say CWB all the way, but thats just my opinion.
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-19-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
cwb for sure. marius, absolute, the transcend platinum.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
Jeff - Sorry to call you out, but I'm sick and tired of all the brand bashing that’s been going on here lately. C.W.B. does indeed make a great product, and are pushing innovation, thank God. But so are the rest of the companies in their own ways, Hyperlite with ABS edges (that’s a great idea), their closed toed boots and the Roam (I know the roam idea and the closed toe boots have been done before, so save it), Liquid has been at the top of the binding game for that past couple years (except for maybe this year with hinge tech being released), O’Brien has been playing with Crook fins and different shape characteristics (such as the chevrons on the Natural), Gator and J-Star with flow-thru technology, I could go on and on.

Hyperlite and Liquid has been a top the top of the game for a long time now, and I think we owe it to them for bringing the sport to the state it's at today. On the other hand, I'm glad to see CWB, Gator, O’Brien and others have now been making the push and giving Hyperlite and Liquid something to think about. It doesn't mean one company is any better than the other, it just mean they are all trying to push the envelope in design and quality. It's just like us as the riders, pushing each other to be better, but on another scale, they are pushing each other to release better product, in turn to make us the riders, better.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that every company is good in their own way. So lets stop bashing the differences, and lets embrace them.

To make a long story short: CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.

Sorry for the rant. :-)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-19-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Shawn, I totally agree with you man. There is alot of good wakeboard product out there right now, and its great for the sport. Hyperlite has been there from day one and they are still makin great product. Liquid force has great product as well as Gator and Jstars product is lookin good as well. I just think that the last two years CWB has had the best Boards on the market and I think for 06 CWB is going to be hudge with the new Hinge Tech bindings and the board linup. I dont bash other board companies just put out my opinion on what I like the best. Just my opinion.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-19-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
honestly im just getting sick of every time asking a hype or a LF question i get....the absolute or the marius is better...its getting old...i know alot of ppl love them...but diff stroke for diff folks...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-19-2005, 11:35 PM Reply   
boo hoo hooo. if it bothers you that much, simply move on. people are only telling you to be helpful. remember, hype and lf aren't the only board companies out there.

if you're gonna let stuff like this get to you, you need to stay away from message boards.

(Message edited by dakid on October 19, 2005)
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-20-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
but neither is CWB....
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-20-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Just read the suggestions we made and move on to what you want to hear.There is no question on what you wanted people to say, it just did not end up the way you thought. Get over it we are. Go buy a Hyperlite or L.F. WE DONT CARE, JUST OUR SUGGESTIONS, DONT HAVE TO LISTEN TO US, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HURT OUR FEELINGS.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-20-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
buddy calm it...theres no need to be gettin all hostile....and it wasnt a debate if i was or wasnt going to buy an LF or HL....it was more which one???
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-20-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   

quote:

and it wasnt a debate if i was or wasnt going to buy an LF or HL....it was more which one???

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-20-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
bahahahaha!
Old     (wildbill)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
from what ive heard, the watson and shane are supposed to be pretty fast boards, but im not sure about smooth consistant pop.

and shawn, i thought i heard somewhere that 05 was obriens last year? please correct me if im wrong.

kellen, if you havnt yet, check out http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/260389.html?1129847586

(Message edited by wildbill on October 20, 2005)
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-20-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
Billy - I don't think so, they have some new '06 models coming out such as the Natural.
Old     (wildbill)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
oh ok. my mistake.