Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                09-16-2001, 10:13 PM Reply   
are they the same trick or does one involve landing wrapped.
Old                09-17-2001, 11:08 AM Reply   
No difference.
Old                09-17-2001, 7:06 PM Reply   
if there is no difference then why does one version look harder then the other . By this i mean ,one you jump the wake and go blind immediately so by the time your midwake your back is to the boat. on the other version you jump the wake maybe even get in a grab and then right before your landing you go blind where you back hand is wrapped and you ride it this way for a few seconds before you switch the handle to the other hand. All i know i can land the first version but i am having trouble w/ my handle pass on the other after i land .
Old                09-17-2001, 7:31 PM Reply   
Tiges right no difference but
Its all about style .Some do it one way others do it differently but you still are doing a blind 180 either way.Everything in between is personal style like grabs late handle passes,slow rotation and landing wrapped up etc..Its all about style which i have none !

Later
Old                09-20-2001, 5:15 AM Reply   
Dont sell yourself short Bill, But thanks for the help anyway guys . Maybe one of these days I can get some of that so called style too!!!
Old    style            09-23-2001, 12:39 AM Reply   
Hey I just got it today (style) I am stoked!!!!
Old    wrapped/with the handle in the small of your back            11-26-2001, 10:44 AM Reply   
I don't know if it's just me but there is a difference between blind and to blind 180's... a blind 180 is another therm for the backside 180... you can pass the handle or land it to blind(wrapped/with the handle in the small of your back) sorry if I'm wrong but I always thought about it that way...
Old    montanye (bill) on Tuesd            12-04-2001, 10:49 AM Reply   
Yea Joe its just you:) ,your making it too hard.If you turn to blind,land blind,or do a blind 180 you are still turning a 180 no matter what.You can either land wrapped ,pass it early or pass it late but the rotation is always blind and at least one 180.You can do a blind 360 ala backside 360 but its still 2 blind 180s even know its a full 360..Maybe im wrong but i think i got it..

Bill
Old    read my profile Quote            12-04-2001, 4:07 PM Reply   
Another thing Joe may be getting confused about is that when you do a blind 180 esp. wrapped some people tend to grab (read my profile Quote)and thus it changes the name of the move from blind 180 to Indy to Blind...
Old                12-08-2001, 3:10 PM Reply   
hey guys... watch higher education and you'll see... I had not make up anything I said...
Old                12-08-2001, 11:18 PM Reply   
Hey Joe I heard you shot your woman down..sorry man had to put that in there...Anyways how is that wedge working with your malibu,been thinking bout getting one...
Old                12-10-2001, 10:23 AM Reply   
Abe, I think your mistaken, I shot your woman down... sometimes rumors get all wrong... and for that wedge... it's not my malibu... if it was mine I'd put weight in it, not a wedge... it create a nice clean wake... but not quite big enough though... and make the boat pretty hard to handle at low speed... I prefer to put weight in a boat in order to get a good wake... but hey, since my parents are not loaded, and I'm still studying... I'll have to get used to good ol'wedge...