Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-11-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
I am lazy and I want to add an IPOD interface so I can advance my ipod using my wireless interface without getting off my butt.

Just to be clear this will be my "lazy" hookup. I will also utilize the aux input directly to the EQ when I am pushing my system and I care about sound quality. The "lazy" hookup is for lounging around and when I am surfing so I can run advance the track from the water.

Does the CMD5 use the EA1276 or the CCAIPOD (or either, if either which works better). Thanks a bunch.

Mike
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-14-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Mike,

I haven't used the CCAIPOD but will be getting one after your question sparked some research. I have the EA1276 and I'd advise you stay away from it. You have to have special playlists which act as the discs in a six-disc changer, playlist one is everything on the ipod, then you name the others (clarion1, clarion2, etc.) and put content in them. Very primitive and limiting. The CCAIPOD spec sheet at least looks like they have overcome some of the more frustrating features on the EA1276 so I'd go that direction if it works with your deck.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-14-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
Gordon
Could you explain a little more on how to setup the EA model. Clarion is useless to try and contact. I have one hooked up to my X-Star through an M475 head unit. The thing will only play the songs in alphabetical order period. It drove me nuts last year but just dealt with it. WAs contemplating a new hookup, but if I could figure out a way to setup a couple different playlists if possible it would be worth keeping as I like just usung the wired remote at my fingertips

(Message edited by xstarrider on January 14, 2008)
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-14-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Mike,

Ooops my bad. The one I have is the EA1251 not the EA1276. The EA1276 has the same features as the CCAIPOD so whichever works with your deck should be fine. I would NOT buy a EA1251.

Swat,

At least on my EA1251, it did the same thing. The random (shuffle) mode had to be selected on the head unit. Look at your M475 head unit on how to set random mode and then your ipod should shuffle in whatever category you have selected. That worked on my M455 the only problem was, once I shut the engine off to change riders, etc. it would go back to the default mode of no random and you'd have to reset it on the deck. A real PITA.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-14-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
No to Hijack, but to throw another option out there. Alpine HU's have this capability already usign their wireles remotes, and no sacrafice on SQ.
Old     (snafu)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-05-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
Ok, just installed the M475 head unit (at least I think I did) I bought the CCAIPOD to go along with it. However, when I plug it into the back of the unit, I get nothing (no power light) I'm assuming, that it's suppose to power up and detect the ipod...Wonder if this ones bad(???)
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-05-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
I believe Mikeski is waiting for his WS420 and does not run a HU. I also do not have a head unit and am really leaning towards wetsounds EQ but I also want to be able to have a wireless remote.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-05-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
I still run the deck... Actually upgrading from the XMD3 to the CMD5 so I can play MP3 CDs and skip to the next IPOD song from the wakesurfer using my www.h2owaves.com remote.

An yes, still waiting for my WS420 as well as my HSE revolution volume control.
Old     (stler645)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
Not to spam, but Clarion is not useless to contact...well not their rep. Call Marine Audio 8-5 M-F CST (800)754-9876.

Or you can e-mail me anytime jimmybaker04@gmail.com

I'm fairly new to the board but happy to help answer any stereo related questions.

And to answer the OP, you will want the EA1276.