Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
I BOUGHT A PAIR OF BRAND NEW 06 LIMITED SHANES FROM A LOCAL GUY ON THIS BOARD. WHEN I TRIED ONE ON LAST NIGHT, MY TOE JUST BARELY TOUCHED THE END. iTS NOT BAD AND I WILL BE ABLE TO USE THEM OK, BUT MAYBE A BIGGER SIZE WOULD BE BETTER? WILL THIS STRETCH OUT ANY? IF NOT WOULD ANYONES LOCAL SHOP BE WILLING TO TRADE SIZES (I WILL COVER ALL SHIPPING). I AM NOT COMPLAINING AS I WOULD BUY THEM FROM THIS GUY IF I COULD DO IT OVER AGIN. (THANKS ANDY). lIKE I SAID, I HAVE NO PROBLEMS KEEPING THEM, I WAS JUST THINKING...
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-09-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
first of all stop yelling, second, that's exactly how mine were/are, you'll be fine.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-09-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
They will still stop your toes from sliding out the front :-)
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-09-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
I am sorry, I didnt mean to yell at you guys, I just wanted some attention (actually its a work habbit and i don't ralize I have caps lock on)

Also, Thank you
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-10-2006, 4:01 AM Reply   
the difference is... if your foot is close to the end but is snug enough not to move, that's perfect... if you go a size bigger, chances are you wont be able to tighten them enough so your foot will move around the boot... even if the end is far from your toes, they're gonna get smashed on hard landings...
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-10-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
Can you feel the hard plastic of the toe? or is it just the liner? My first pair were too small, i could feel the hard front of the "shell" while just standing. after trying them to see if they would "pack out" I realized they were in fact to small. I bumped up in size and now i can feel a liner but not the stiff hard part. They are perfect.
hope this helps
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-10-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
the were at the end, I am not sure about the hard plastic, but my toes didnt need to curl over or anything like that,

they were better when i bent my knees also, like snow ski boots (thats right- i said snow skis)