Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-08-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
So I have never really looked into this wakeword points thing until today.

theres quite a bit of cool items to purchase with your points! the only problem is that some of these things require a truckload of forum posts to even afford the smallest items.

i feel like i contribute to this forum quite a bit and only have 127 points lol. i better start saving up!!

anyways i was wondering how many points everyone else has? i know some of you guys post wayyyy more than me.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2011, 8:46 PM Reply   
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about..
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-08-2011, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about..
under your wakespace on the home page it says how many points you have from posting, and if you click on the link it shows you a list of items you can buy with your points
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-08-2011, 11:24 PM Reply   
I never break 200 cuz I always end up splurging on the nopowerturns.com stickers, then put em all over the dock at my local lake. I know there's other ways to build points faster, but don't know how. Maybe purchasing gas or groceries? Wait no that's my credit cards points....haha
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-09-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
I have 1535 points, guess I should use em soon.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-09-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
i think it's great! I won't lie, I take a look at how many points I have every now and then, but don't post solely to get points. I think the only drawbacks are it does somewhat give an incentive for over-posting and mindless posts, as well as a lot of the better items require so many points you'd have to be an annoying poster.

At first I know one would get points if people positively rated their posts, or even for starting worthwhile threads, but I'm not sure that was easy to manage and don't think it's still that way.

*Point tip: You get a point for "attending" an event
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-09-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm looking to cash in my points for the first time. How does the shipping work?

I'm a simple man and easily excited by beer cozies.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-09-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
Stephan,
Pm your address. I have a black ww one you can have. I have too man coozies as it is!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-09-2011, 7:37 PM Reply   
How do you rate threads?
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-09-2011, 7:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
I think the only drawbacks are it does somewhat give an incentive for over-posting and mindless posts
Hmmmm
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-09-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
How do you rate threads?
I think it was a feature at the beginning of the "new" wakeworld, which is when the points were added as well. I think it was more if something had a good rating, or people "liked" it, but it may have been just brought up by Dave and not implemented.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-10-2011, 6:37 AM Reply   
looks like in the blue bar at the top of each page there is a "rate thread" menu item that you can use.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-10-2011, 6:50 AM Reply   
Just rated this theard excellent and didn't recieve one point Oh well.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-10-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
But I did get one for making that last post

And now I'm getting one for this post.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-10-2011, 6:55 AM Reply   
I guess this is what A-dub is talking about when he said people would start making mindless posts.

ONE MORE POINT

I'm racking them up today boy's
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-10-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
Posting for points is okay.But posting to stir the pot is much more fun.Posting to help a new boater or wakeboarder is more rewarding though.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-10-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Just rated this theard excellent and didn't recieve one point Oh well.
If I'm correct, the thread starter (J.B.) gets the point for creating/starting a rated thread.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-10-2011, 10:13 AM Reply   
Zero points here..... HUH, maybe I am not as cool as I thought.....
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-10-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
You need to have a photo in your profile to start the points earning process, which is why you don't have any Forrest. I believe it tells you that when you first sign up for the discussion board. You can also see a full explanation by going to the Community Home Page. There is no shipping on points store items. It's all free!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-10-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
As far as the prices go, we've tweaked it once already to make everything more affordable, so maybe we'll take another look at it soon to see if we should do that again. The idea is to reward those that are active without going broke on shipping in the process!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-10-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
"Hmmmm"

I guess he got all of the points he needed. He used to post several times a day, now I rarely see him.
Old     (val_cal)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-10-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
Is this the thread to earn points? I wonder who has earned the most points?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-11-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
SO I can get free swag by posting mindless, unproductive posts? Sounds like just what Wakeworld needs!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-11-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
You only get one point for posting on the discussion board and it takes 100 points just to get a cozie, so it's hardly an incentive to post mindless drivel. In fact, it's been in place for almost two years and I haven't had a problem with anybody posting useless stuff. It's just a way to encourage general interaction with the site and to get lurkers to start participating. But most of all, it's to reward our loyal members for the stuff they've already been doing. This discussion board is the result of all of you just being good members of a community and without that we don't exist.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-11-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
>>You need to have a photo in your profile to start the points earning process, which is why you don't have any Forrest. I believe it tells you that when you first sign up for the discussion board<<

Been a member since '01 & never had a pic...oops, guess I'll have to add one....
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-11-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
I had no idea that points existed until I read this thread.. Pretty cool..

I have 900 points.. 100 away from a Monster hat.. Neat.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-11-2011, 10:36 AM Reply   
The points system only started when we went to the new website about a year and a half ago.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-11-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
The points system only started when we went to the new website about a year and a half ago.
What are some other ways to get points? If I remember correctly I think if you post a video or a photo in a thread you get two instead of one
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-11-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
I don't want to list all the ways to get points because that just leads to manipulation of the system. Obviously, if somebody has enough time on their hands, they can poke around and find out what does and doesn't add points to their account. However, the general point is to encourage interaction with the community, so we've got it set up to reward that. You get some love for filling out your profile, posting on the forums, posting up events and just generally being a good WakeWorld citizen!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-11-2011, 2:38 PM Reply   
Looks like I'm gonna have to crack this davinci code! Kidding. Good call on not spilling the beans about that. let the people be curious and slowly get more hooked on the site. I already am, Wakeworld is my homepage!