Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (munkynuts)      Join Date: May 2010       05-03-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
I have a '08 Moomba XLV with two 400 lb sacs in the back & a 900 lb sac in the middle. The boat throws out a huge wake, but it almost always has some whitewash on the top of the wake. We've messed with the wake plate, but can never seem to get a clean wake. Any suggestions?
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-03-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
How fast are you riding at? What rope length are you at as well?

Mario-
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-03-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Speed up.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-03-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Dub, I have the exact boat as you and being a complete noob to wakeboats I've only wakeboarded behind mine 3 times. Yesterday was my first pull this season and being goofy footed the heelside wake had a slight wash on the lip and my driver, Cory, put a 200-300lbs of water in the left rear sac with the plate 3/4 up and the lip cleaned up. Being a noob as I mentioned I'm riding with just the front filled and haven't even filled both rear sacs. The wake is plenty on the XLV. I was using full 80ft rope just practicing my edging to the wake to get a better pop and I managed to land most of my jumps at the second wake and did one wake to wake but lost the handle. Oh, I was riding at 22-23mph
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-03-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
AJ, you probably should shorten up the rope 5-10ft, until you get consistent with your wake to wake jumps.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-03-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
weight in front makes wake more rampy weight in rear makes wake steeper. more speed is usually necessary for longer rope to clean up wake.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-03-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
I hear you Paul. I wasn't planning on trying to go wake to wake. Just from the outside to in. I was concentrating on the whole progressive edge thing and was landing easily into the middle with a solid, smooth landing. I edged a little harder each time and before I knew it I was landing with the nose of the board just on the lip of the second wake. I had no intention on doing that and after watching some online videos suggesting that as a newbie, you should use the longer rope and just work on outside to inside. I was pleasantly surprised with my results being that I was riding in chop.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-03-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
This a long standing problem with the XLV. I own a 2005 XLV and have the rear lockers with 750's and a 1100 lbs in the center. The boat needs 50/50 weighting. I ride with some very good riders, they are never happy with an 80 plus line length. 75 is the sweet spot for the wake I ride and 26.5 on the speed. I find the wake plate is best set at 3/4 down. I find the best set up is fuel tank full, 50/50 weighting, 2 people and a driver and 26 to 28 mph on the speedo.

I think the boat is just to narrow at 98 inches to resist the wake from washing out. Ive had the boat in all kinds of set ups looking for one thing: Consistancy. I welcome any new ideas.