Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
My family is looking into buying a new boat and the LSV and XLV are both options, but my dad wonders about how the seats will hold up in the long run. We take extremely good care of our boats but he thinks the padding in the seats was not very much and thought after a year or two it would compress down to noting. I was wondering what kind of experience people have had with the interior of their moomba in the past couple years. Thanks
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-27-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
Eric: I have a 2004 XLV that I bought new in April of 2004. My boat has gotten alot of use! Not just in the wakeboarding department, but the partying department where I had the boat packed with people. Let me be the first to say that the upholstery in the XLV is excellent! The cushion is great quality as well as the vinyl. Skiers Choice increased the quality of the upholstery in their boat in 2004 when I bought mine and have increased it again in the past few years. Since 2004 they have changed the upholstery and the way it stitches together in the XLV. The new design is considerably better than mine and my upholstery is holding up well. Please, tell your dad that the upholstery is nothing to be worried about.

Also, both boats are awesome. The new LSV is alot nicer than it's predecessor. Both are nice and big!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
i have an 05 xlv and i love it! again i use my boat alot, for riding and partying, with 12 peopl on the boat there is still room :-)

no issues with the seats or vinyl here and i have an 05 in 06 they stepped up the materials inside quite a bit!

also my xlv has the 2nd best wakeboarding wake ive ridden (behind a 210) and the best surfing wake!

moomba = best bang for the buck!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-27-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Entrust: Funny you should say that your XLV has the second best wake you've ridden because a friend of mine who has a Supra 22SSV ranks my wake second of all the wakes he's ever ridden to the 210 which he ranks as the best. He said that the night before we ride together if we are taking his boat he's excited to ride, but if we're taking mine, he can't sleep!
Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input anymore from anyone else would be appreciated. So is the wake similar to that of a 210 because i have ridden behind one of those but never a moomba before
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-27-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
The 210 wake is steep as I've been told. My wake is very steep as well and it just pops you up. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I know the XLV inside and out and can answer any questions.
Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
Would you recommend a new mobius xlv over say a 2003 or 2004 malibu xlv of comparable price
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-27-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
Malibu XLV?
Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
Malibu vlx sorry wasnt paying attention when i was typing. How much more mellow of a wake is a vlx to the mobius xlv
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-28-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
If you are going for a vlx, get an 05 up. That wake is huge, by far the best wake I have ridden. The 04 vlx has a rampy wake. Still a very good wake, but the supra-moomba line is much steeper.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-28-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
so are you wanting info on a malibu or moomba?

the moomba XLV wake is huge! it gets steep like the 210 which i like but has a little more ramp to it. the 210 wake is like hitting a brick wall where the xlv is a little smoother going up but still has that nice kick on top
Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-28-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
I really want info on both. The mobius lsv or xlv and the malibu vlx are all options, and i like a steeper wake which sounds like the moomba but my dad is afraid of the quality of the boat and is swaying toward a 2003 or 2004 vlx which sounds like it is a more mellow wake.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
eric, between the xlv and the lsv, i personally like the layout of the new (06 and newer) lsv.

2nd, i am so sick of people questioning the quality of moomba's. trust me i have owned a moomba and supra and have put many hours on each with "NO Problems" with either.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-28-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
agreed ive owned 2 moombas and in our boat crew there are 3 moombas and 4 supras and and most of us are on our 2nd, 3rd and even 4th skier choice boat. they are great boats, for the price you can't beat them. i would be really hard pressed to spend the money on something more, my boat looks great and performs great to me nicer carpet and billet dashes aren't worth $10k
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-28-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
if your located anywhere near Florida, the 3rd Annual Supra/Moomba Jamboree has just been announced.

It will be Saturday May 12 at Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont, Fl.

Great opportunity to see the latest Supra and Moomba boats in action.

It's a great party for Skiers Choice owners and those interested in joining the family.

Food, drinks and T-shirts available.

Skiers Choice pro riders will be there to give demonstrations and give riding tips.

For more info, see the "Boat Owners" forum on either the Moomba or Supra community BB's.

It is an awesome event.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-28-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
I agree with Entrust and Insuranceman, I'm on my second Moomba. The first was a 2002 Outback DD and I upgraded to the XLV. Incredible boat for the money. The wake is huge! I think Entrust described the wake perfectly! It's steep, but not as steep as the wall of the 210, it's a little more rampy than the 210 and has a great kick at the top. You will NOT be disappointed with the XLV. Everyone who comes out with me on mine absolutely loves it! Between the wake, the room inside and the layout people just love it.
Old     (outbackls)      Join Date: May 2004       02-28-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
We are also on our second Moomba. Our first was a 2003 Outback LS and our current boat is a 2005 Mobius LSV (current Outback V). The interior in our old boat looked perfect when we sold it and our current boat looks perfect still. We regularly have 6 people in the boat and we take our 85 lb. Lab out a lot with us. Never any issues with the stitching or the vinyl. As stated earlier the new boats have even nicer vinyl materials and padding than our boat. Don't worry.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-03-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
were in the process of buying an LSV...(sorry for the hijack)...and you guys say the wake is really steep....do any of you use the wake plate to mellow it out a little bit?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-03-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
jeff taggart,

The XLV wake is really steep. The LSV wake is a bit more mellow. It has a nice transition up to a good kick at the top. The LSV is my personal favorite wake but the XLV is my pro shop manager's favorite wake. It all depends on your style.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-04-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
XLV is rediculous with stock ballast. I can't get my Launch SS even close no matter how much weight I use. The interior is monstrous. If you have the space and $, I would say the XLV hands down. The LSV is nice, but nowhere near the wake size.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-04-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Is the tower collapsable on the moombas?
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-04-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
yep. the tower does collapse.
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
I had the 05 LSV (now the Outback V) and loved it! I put 150 hrs on it riding and party barge. Up to 16 people and tons of sacs! Interior was flawless and ran like a champ with NO problems. I decided I wanted more room so I just got the 07 XLV GG. You just cant go wrong with Moomba...just get the right one for you. Upload