Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
what are the biggest size fins that they make for a board, where is the best place to buy them? and what will going from a 1.0 fin to a 1.7 fin do on a board? TIA
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-04-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
As far as I'm concerned, bigger is definitely not better. What board are you talking about? My wife's board came with a huge 'skate' fin, and so she rides it finless, but would love a smaller fin for beginners who use her board. If you want/have CWB fins...I'd love to trade :-)
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
It will make it track like it's on rails!!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
its for my wifes board, she is complaining that her current setup is way to loose and that it rides on top of the water...so Im hoping to make it trac better and ride deeper in the water

Sorry I dont ride with fins on my trans plat.. the funny part about that is that she rode my board yesterday for the first time and loved it and the first time I rode my trans plat I hated it
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Isaac,

I'm not sure how a larger fin will make a board ride deeper in the water. It should help with the loosness though.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
we found my girl a hype syn 137 last yr. she was coming off the diva 139. The syn came with .8 p wings. we figured it would be to loose especially since that board rides high in the water. we put some 1.1 a wings on it and she loves it. It carves great but edges super locked in she has been getting so comfortable with her edging and is close to w2w now
Old    thebiggmann            08-05-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
So if you hated your trans plat the first time your road it, do you think it's possible that she will develop the same love for her board as you have for yours? I'd give it more time.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-05-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
possibly.. she is not ready to give up.. I bought some 1.6 cuda carbon fiber fins, and 2.0 rainbow fins. So tomorrow am we are having a test run and see if we can dial in her board