Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mgelabert)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-09-2013, 1:12 AM Reply   
Hey everyone,

So yesterday I used my LF Harley Grind at the park, it was basically brand new and when going up kickers and rails it felt so sticky to the point it was slowing me down and messing up my balance to say the least in the air.

Any ideas what could be? I have no fins on. Is it that I need to give it a few sets before they start sliding like butter?

Thanks all!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-09-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
No, the LF Grind bases are great at the park and don't need to be "broken in" at all. Was the obstacle wet? I'm guessing you might have hit a dry spot. Did it happen every time?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-09-2013, 9:38 AM Reply   
It you are new to kickers, it could be that you are letting the handle get away from you. Even dry, that board should be pretty quick.

It took me a while to realize how mean you have to be with the handle off a kicker. It is not like wake.
Old     (mgelabert)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-09-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ83i...ature=youtu.be

here is what happened yesterday. funny part is you can even notice it in the video
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-09-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
Your board have a been "G" on the bottom? I'm guessing it's either not a grind base board or the kicker was dry. No other explanation for it.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-09-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
Marc, that is definitely not the board or the kickers. You were decelerating as you approached the ramp and the handle never came in. Even if you go flat at the base of the ramp you still need to have your momentum going out. If the line is even soft at all when you hit the ramp it will yank you out the front.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-09-2013, 11:58 AM Reply   
There was no line tension at all when you hit that kicker.
Old     (aljazp)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-09-2013, 12:20 PM Reply   
As it was already mentioned you should cut more.. when I'm riding 2.0 I like to cut extra hard and I try to point my board few degrees away from the cable line.. it is a 2.0 specific thing because the line tends to be way looser than on normal cable..

Last edited by aljazp; 09-09-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old     (mgelabert)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-09-2013, 1:13 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone! it worked much much better today!