Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-06-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Hey all,
I have a pair of 2006 HL Murray boots (white) size Large.

Was out last night and busted the Boa wire on the left boot, bummer-
Was curious if any one out there had the same thing happen to the right and would sell their left boot to me, if you hung on to them? I just bought these 2 seasons ago and really liked them. If not, guess I will have to get some new boots, but figured I would ask-

thanx in advance-
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-06-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
I thought the wire was replaceable?
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-06-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
I've never heard of the wire being replaceable and I don't think those are very good boots.

What are you asking for them?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-06-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
The wire is definitely replaceable, first I'd check with Hyperlite, they might send you a wire. If you have any snowboard shops around they will have wires in various lengths, you will need a shorter one and likely cut it with some snips. You will also need the little mini BOA key (looks like a tiny yellow screwdriver). Basically follow the steps on their site and you are good to go. Takes about 5 minutes start to finish.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-07-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Called HL, after finding they offer a 2 year warranty and not just 1. Boots are covered since I bought them end of season 08. Sending them up to be either repaired or replaced.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-07-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Wade, my post was a sorry attempt at joking. I ride in those bindings. To be sure, I am thoroughly content.

Although I've never had it happen to me, the break in the wire you experienced is evidently common. Over the years, I've seen here on WW plenty of times that, the repair is a fairly reasonable DIY job.

Regards ....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-07-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
I always liked the locked in feeling you get from the BOA, I just wish it could stand more abuse.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-07-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
Wade, my post was a sorry attempt at joking. I ride in those bindings. To be sure, I am thoroughly content.

Although I've never had it happen to me, the break in the wire you experienced is evidently common. Over the years, I've seen here on WW plenty of times that, the repair is a fairly reasonable DIY job.

Regards ....
NP... it's all good.
It was the wire and the black plastic piece that it attatches to, on the part that wraps over the middle of your foot. The wire tore out of the plastic, then snaped in two. Sent them off today to HL. I realy liked them and they were broken in good. Hopefully they can fix them, other wise not sure what they would send me in place of them? I do not see that Murray has a binding for 2010?