Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (justinwakes)      Join Date: May 2009       05-25-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
I have been riding for along time... since i was way young... my family bought a mastercraft X-45 right after i graduated... and i took my riding to the next level i went from being a lever 1 rider to a level 5 rider over the summer... i was so stoked because i thought i was just going to get better and better... but i haven't... i feel like i have gotten worse... i am 22 years old there is no reason why i shouldn't still be progressing. Its like i have a huge mental block... i keep trying and trying and i am not landing anything new... what should i do? any advice?
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-26-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
Stop trying so hard, everyone has plateaus man.. When I try really hard, I never do any good, it when I go out and ride and nail the stuff I know, then get my confidence up that I usually start doing better. hope that helps
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-26-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
get back to having fun. most time when you reach a plateau, in anything, you have take it back to whats fun for you.

change it up. go out and take it back to basics. do some edging drills, make suer you're basics are up to par.
Old     (trevorakers)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-03-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
get some one close to your riding ability and push eachother

get some girls on the boat and just have fun

Enter some tournaments Especially Collegiate Tournys (Pres Texas A&M Wakeboard team)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
call austin powers and ask him to get it from gold member for you
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
I have no idea what a "level 1" or "level 5" skill set is. I would suggest changing things up and taking double sets, working on your switch stuff, taking double up sets, etc. Like JR said get back to why you starting riding, for fun.