Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-08-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
heading down to the big o this weekend and all next week wondering if anyone new of some real good spots to ride and if there are any other shops other than skiers wharf extreme?
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-09-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
btt
Old     (dreamrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-09-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
best advice ride in the early morning or late evening. you can use party cove during the week. It gets pretty smooth if you go early or late and go back in far enough. There is one place other than skirs wharf extreme but I cant remember the name of the place. I think its past Wal-mart sorry if I'm wrong.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-10-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
only other place I know of is Westport Marine, but they have limited entry level gear. I suggest putting in at Publc Beach #2 down Hwy 52 where there is all natural shoreline and some secret stashes. Depending on what mile marker you are at, duck off the main channel into sheltered (dogleg) or long coves.
Old     (dreamrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
I think Westport is the other place
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-11-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
CORRECTION: Public Beach #2 is down Hwy 42 (Hwy 52 is about 15 minutes from it though so understandable mistake)
Old     (gabe_folwer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
way down the grand glaize arm is the best. like 7 miles past party cove
Old     (dreamrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-13-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
thats good too come to think of it, but there are a lot of logs
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-14-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
Logs and shallow and exactly how it was written up in Wakeboarding Magazine this month...chop on weekend days (but I saw tantrums on the main channel last Wednesday)...that leaves only five days of good water a week-EVERYONE STAY AWAY (and never go south a couple hours to any of the large undeveloped yet publicly accessible lakes or an hour north to the Osage River on weekends). .