Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-12-2012, 10:34 PM Reply   
So I got a new boat and it has a pylon for wakeboarding and I am looking to get all the boards out of the boat. I know in a year or so that I will be adding a tower and don't really want to waste the money for the regular pylon rack. I am wondering if it would be possible to mount two regular tower racks to the pylon so in the future I can just use them on my tower. Airboom makes a rack that looks like two wakeboard racks with one mounting point. Here is the link
http://www.airboomwakeboardtowers.co...18/page18.html

So my idea is why not buy two separate racks( regular wakeboard rack and a wake surf combo) and just mount them right next to each other to help balance the weight? Anyone have any opinions on this idea? Thanks
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-13-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
You need to know the OD of your pylon tube and also the OD of the tube of the tower you intend to buy down the road. Match up the same and so long as you can rotate the racks I'd think you'd be fine.

I rock a pylon too, so I understand your pain. I usually run a small crew so not much problem putting boards next to doghouse or in the bow. It can be a clutter at times, but I figure in another year or two I'll have a tower and can go that route.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-14-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
I am going to pick up two monster racks tomorrow and hopefully it goes well. The pylon just above the bimini were im gonna mount them is 2.5 and monster towers are 2.5 and that is the tower I am planning on getting in the future.

If anyone else has done this please post if it worked good or not and if you have any pics.