Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
I posted earlier on this subject regarding how I noticed steering on my Supra launch was more difficult under load than what I notice when driving my Bro in laws boat. I spoke with the dealer today who indicated that while on trailer it felt normal to him. Problem I have is when under rudder load it is tight. Anyone ever have this happen! what did you do?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-12-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Sounds like a cable to me but it could also be the rudder or the helm
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
The Dealer thinks the cable may not be the problem but he also indicates it may be the rudder needs to be greased. Have you or anyone ever had a tight steering issue clear up from just having the rudder greased?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
If the rudder port has a zerk fitting then grease it, it can only help.
Old     (movinfr8)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-12-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
This past weekend we noticed that when a rider would fall we would come to a stop but when we turned right to come back around the wheel seemed stuck but would break free but not turn freely, almost like a car with no power steeering.

I plan on greasing before the weekend to see if this helps.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Oh and its a '04 22ssv GG.
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-12-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
I had the same issue. I took it to the dealer, and they said it felt normal. It actually only felt really tight when I was up on plane. I greased the exposed end of the cable just before it attaches to the rudder. That was about a month ago, and I think it's now beginning to feel like it should. It seems like each time I go out it's easier to turn.