Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    260searay            07-12-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
I ordered a skylon swoop xt pro tower which should be in this week finally. I havent quite made it w2w yet but come close. Does a tower make a really huge difference? I was wondering if i edge the same and pop the same as i do now almost clearing it when i add the tower will i be able to clear it with that same edge and pop? I am just currious as to how much a tower can improve your riding because right now i have one of those little circle things on the transom.
Old    260searay            07-13-2005, 2:55 AM Reply   
Any input is appreciated.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-13-2005, 5:50 AM Reply   
A "heightened" towpoint makes a difference in a number of ways, so the answer is yes, you will probably notice a difference given the same technique. Clearing the wake should be possible from the rear towpoint on the boat too. One thing to note though, is that with a 70 foot rope, you'll be crossing the wake 10 feet further back in the wake than say the front pylon on a DD skiboat. So in essence it's like riding at 80 feet rather than 70. Maybe that accounts for some of your trouble?
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
I have found out this year that proper technique when cutting (Progessive Edge), standing tall at the wake, and rope tension are more important that where the rope is attached. Before I started learning and practicing the proper techniques, clearing the wake even with an extended pylon was not easy. The only way I could clear the wake was to come in with alot of speed, but there wasn't any height. This year I have applied the advice of fellow boarders on Wakeworld and worked on my cutting. Now I have slowed down (Boat speed at 21-22)and can clear the wake easily and the height is getting better the more my cutting skills improve. The tower will be a huge improvement over the hook-up at the transom, but I have found out over the years, equipment will only get you so far.
Old    260searay            07-14-2005, 2:49 AM Reply   
Ok thanks. Maybe part of my problem though is riding at 18-19mph. I think i am edging correctly. I have watched detention, higher education, and waketrix a hundred times and still havent gotten w2w down.
Old    260searay            07-14-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
Anyone know how hard the skylon swoop xtreme xt pro is to install?
Old    wakesetharr            07-15-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
Just put on a monster tower, those are easy to install, and they are solid and silent.. I will be installing my monster tower tomorrow on my 2nd boat. .. MAybe for a speed, try closer to a 23-24 mph speed, but you definatly need a wake that has the correct shape to clear the wake at 80ft. What type of boat are you riding behind??
Old    260searay            07-16-2005, 4:03 AM Reply   
It is a 26' sea ray cuddy with a 454.
Old    260searay            07-17-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
Got the tower installed in 6hours and my bimini still works.