Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Hey I don't know if you guys have caught "Battle of the Super Cars" on TV. Its not the greatest car show but it's somthing diffrent. Check it out if you have DVR. The show only seems to have 10 mins of actual car on car action. So if you have a DVR and you can fast forward threw all the talking and hype its pretty cool to see Tuned versions of Super Cars going head to head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8N0zNelb7w
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-12-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
I'm with ya Grant. Cool show because of the match-ups. but the drivers could tone down the rhetoric a bit. I know it's for the show, but they really seem to have bad blood between them. nonetheless. fun to watch them peg the hell out of those supercars. even saw a Gimbert or Gumpert or whatever it was that someone posted about on here a while back.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-12-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
on a slightly different vein. i have been seeing a TON of Nissan GT-R's around Houston lately. My neighbors had a visitor in a brand new one Sunday that still had paper plates on it.
Are they as bad as they were touted to be? He said he can do mid 11's in the quarter.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
What the Car show producers need to understand is "ITS NOT ABOUT THE DRIVER" Look at the "STIG" Top Gears test driver. Yea he is important we all know he can drive but the test is all about the car and not some cat fight between to diffrent drivers that none us us care about. Example We wanna see a Enzo racing side by side with a Lambo. Its like each car show has bits and pieces of what makes a great show but no one has hit the nail on the head,
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-12-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
I really liked the one where the GT40 smashed on the Lambo Gallardo. That is actually the only one I have seen.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Brett: Yea that G got blowen up. I see they have a Veryon test comming up and They have a Lexus LFA VS A New Audi that should be pretty good