Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-17-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   
I just picked up my new/used 2003 Supra 22 SSV and the original buyer chose not to have perfect pass installed. Anyone have a online source to buy it? Has anyone installed it themselves--if so how involved of a install is it? Thanks
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2007, 7:23 AM Reply   
The guy that runs onlyinboards.com has been offering everyone perfect pass for like $1k. It is a pretty good deal, maybe he will post up on it.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-17-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
Yeah, I already received a reponse from their source--I will save $59 buying from them--they are at $1040.00 rather than $1099 direct from PP
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-17-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
thanks for the plug Leo. Just let me know, i'll get it hooked up and you'll have it shipped out Monday and should have it by Wed.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
I'd hit my purchasing dealer up and ask for a discount, mine offered my wakeboard pro for $799!
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-17-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
Steve--do you want to order another one? I don't think that price can be beat. Anyway, I bought the boat privately.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-17-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
that price can't be beat, it is less than what Perfect Pass charges dealers. If you can get it for 799, go for it man! if not, i can probably swing a little better deal than what you originally were quoted.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-17-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
ya right. i dont know anyone that can get it for $799. my shop cant even get it for that wholesale.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
My dealer gave it to me for what they get it from the boat company. Plus $400 for the install.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-17-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
What kind of deal? You know whatever I am quoted here you will probably get quite a few orders for that price. Is it a complex install?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-17-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
Almost everyone we've worked with this year has done the install themselves. Difficulty depends on your boat too but the hardest part if you don't already have the paddle wheel on your boat is mustering up the courage to drill a hole in your boat! Figure a 3-4 hour install for most people but it is not difficult and i haven't had one person tell me it was.

Also, Steve... is your boat Drive by wire? If so, then the unit is cheaper than boats with the regular throttle cable.

You can PM me with any other questions.
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
I am selling a partial system No Reserve right now on Ebay. I have installed Perfect Pass on 2 boats before and it is easy to install and only takes a few hours.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-18-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Say if I was to buy PP from PP online or another dealer for a good price. Could I then take it to any local boat shop/mechanic and ask them to install it for me paying the average hourly fee which is like $100, or will they say no because it was not purchased through them directly or something along those lines. Talking to the Centurion dealer I live close to it is like a two hour job for them, not sure if that is the truth or not. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person so best case scenario would be to get PP wakeboard pro for a good price and have a mechanic install it for me. Instead of doing everything through a boat dealer and end up paying close to $2000.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-06-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
Thank you Only Inboards for the fast shipment and excellent customer service! Received the perfect pass at the discounted rate--$999 shipped--and have yet to install it.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
Phil, the install is a piece of cake. I put it in my '04 SSV in about 2 hours. The only thing I haven't got working is the water temp. I haven't spent much time trying to troubleshoot it. PP has one of the best tech support departments I've ever dealt with. PM me if you need help.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-09-2007, 6:52 AM Reply   
Thanks Erick--I am going to install tonight and will PM if there is an issue