Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-07-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
I went to Folsom yesterday, and it’s still 5mph on the whole lake. They said they aren’t going to open it up till labor day. We then turned around, and went out to Verona. The water was perfect. The temp was between 58 and 63. Depending on where you were. There were only fishermen to contend with. There were two boats spread out through the day, that just drove by checking things out. Guess it’s still too cold for the boarders. There was some crap in the water, but it wasn’t a problem. I didn’t hit anything, and didn’t bend my prop. There were some huge stumps floating along, we just went around them.

Cheers!

Robb
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
I was at Folsom with the Dog and saw most of the boats breaking the speed limit...
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-07-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Ya, one of the guys I was with said he was riding his bike there last Thurs. There were boarders. However, on a weekend, we didn't want to take the chance that a sheriff would be there, and give us a ticket.

.... I was just putting this out there, so people would know. As were were leaving there were about 10 boats on Douglas Ave all heading towards the lake.

So, your boat done yet? Mine was kicking up a good wake yesterday. .. Only landed two jumps. .. I could not figure out what was going wrong. I crashed A LOT!!! Oh well. I'm sure the people in the boat got a good laugh.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
No, not done yet that is why I am husting some pulls
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-07-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Ha ha.

you going out tues with Tate? I'm going to try. I didn't get down to Crawdad's, because I hear Chevy's had a $15 cover charge. Figured Crawdad's was the same. Was NOT going to pay that much. Then decided to watch the game instead anyway. ... WOW, that was a waste of time.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
I was out enjoying the Delta I kind of figured the Kings would loose! Yeah, I will most likely be out at CFW on Tuesday afternoon, hope to see you there!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-07-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Cool.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-08-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
We were going to do Folsom on Sunday but heard that the lake was 5 MPH so headed to the Delta instead. Launched at Wimpy's and went south, did a big loop past B&W then back up past Tower Park and then back. Lots of fishermen, only passed a couple of other wakeboard boats but no one but us riding! Other than cold water (58 degrees) conditions were great!

Got my knees and face all sunburnned......

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
Right on Rod,

It's a lil warmer in the Disco bay & Tracy area, I think we were running bout 61-63 degrees depending on location and depth.

How was the current / debris in that area?

Lzy
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-09-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
Current flowing past Wimpy's was pretty fast.
Tide was really high.
Not much debris.