Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-28-2009, 10:12 PM Reply   
My '08 Supra 22V is up for its second oil change. I had the dealer do the first 20 hr service. To save a little money and less inconvenience of having to take the boat down to them I wanted to do the second myself. I have changed oil in my own vehicles for years.

I located the drain tube on the bottom of the pan last night, ran it through the drain plug hole and removed the cap. I started to get a little oil out, let it drain overnight and I still only have about 2 1/2 qts of oil removed from the pan.

I am going to need to pump it out, does anyone have a recommendation for a pump that will connect to the 1/2" drain line from the bottom of the pan? I would prefer to do this, rather than suck it out the dipstick hole. I will remove more oil from the bottom of the drain pan.

Also, Indmar recommends Pennzoil 15-40 for the oil which I bought. They also recommend a Pennzoil PZ3 filter, the dealer sold me a mercruiser filter for my Indmar engine. Is this a decent filter or should I take it back and go buy the PZ3?

Thanks.....