Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Been riding for awhile now and still have poor form (See my arm position on my profile pick.) I just bought the "Building Foundation" dvd from "The Book" series. Going to start this year like all I know how to do is get up. My plan is to follow the dvd through every progression. Hopefully since I haven't been out since late September, I hope to be able to break my old habits. My 10 year old daughter just started wakeboarding last year, don't want to pass on poor riding techniques
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-06-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Yup, get those arms in!! Good luck.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-06-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
I hear you rich.... I have to be the worst 6-year/ish wakeboarder of all time.

I have made the conscious decision that I am going to try to ride more this year.

Your post has me thinking that maybe I will break out the Higher Education, follow it through every progression, and see where I end up.

It cannot hurt me.....though things like poor form ending up like this can.

Upload
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
LOL That picture looks like a lot of my photos. I have the "Higher Education" DVD but was hoping that the "Building Foundation" spends more time on the basics.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-06-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
Rich,

Do you always fall back like that when you get air? Maybe something you can try here...

Whenever you release off the wake, look where you want to go! Meaning, if you look up, then you are going to fall back. If you look down, you are going to NOSE dive! If you look at the Horizon, or the other side of the wake, it could help you stay level.

Just my two cents. :-) It's helped others...
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
Keith,

Not always, but on most of my jumps I am falling back. At the end of last season I started to work on keeping my arms in. That did help keep me more level, but this year I want to rework almost everything. Thanks for the tip.
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-06-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
Best ttime to start is now, when you are relearning anyways.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-16-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
I have been watching the "Building Foundation" dvd while on the treadmill. This is a great instructional video. I am really going to try to do the 2 and 4 minutes edging warm-up drills this summer. If I am able to do them, it will mean that I have gained board control and better switch riding skills. Has anyone used these drills? Any tips on boat speed?
Old    walt            03-16-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Rich and EJ,

I'm not a spring chicken either and I think it's safe to say most of us middle age guys progress slower than the young bucks. With that said you will get the basics if you hang in there and stay after it. For a while I didn't know if I'd ever clear the wake HS let alone dream about TS.

Both of you look like you need some work at handle placement.

Ride as much as you can and it will get it.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-17-2007, 5:50 AM Reply   
Walt,

You are right about the handle placement. When watching the handle placement on the dvd, especially when toeside, my technique isn't even close. Looking forward to getting started this year.