Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2011, 3:59 PM Reply   
Anyone have or seen a custom cover that pulls over the tower and either cinches around the rubrail or better yet the chines?

Thinking about having a cover made that would go over the tower.

It would hide tower speakers and stuff, rain water would zip off easily due to the steep angles, and with some nice vents sewn in it would provide for lots of air circulation. It would be a bit of a pain to pull over, but I think the effort might be worth the benefits.

Pics? Thoughts?
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       03-16-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
When I was looking for boats last year I saw 1 or 2 boats that included covers like you're describing. In at least one case it went from the trailer beams all the way to the top of the tower and it had a spot you could unzip or unvelcro to get into the boat without removing the cover. IIRC they talked about it being a "$1,500 custom cover".
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-17-2011, 5:43 AM Reply   
They make them with a zip off type skirt for the hull from the rub rail to the trailer.I figure if you pay them enough they will fit whatever custom canvas you want.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
I had this cover made for $600 (I can't believe it either) by a guy in Sacramento. I was initially planning on storing my boat outside but I ultimately chose indoor storage. Good thing it that it protects the whole boat from the weather. Bad news is you spend $$$ on a cover you can't tow with.
Attached Images

Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-17-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
Is this what you are looking for?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2011 Double UP.pdf (174.3 KB, 1384 views)
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-17-2011, 5:17 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. This is very helpful. Much appreciated.

I figured I couldn't have been the first one to want something like it.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-17-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
have you searched this site for strings on this subject? There is some great info already here.

I'm thinking the same thing though...

phatboy - does that just have rear straps!? I'm near Sacto - would that guy mind if you posted his info?
Is it completely water tight?
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-18-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
The cover actually goes around the swim platform and there is a rope that goes around the entire bottem edge of the cover for tightening. It is 100% waterproof - doesn't need venting - and has thin rubber on the inside of the cover on all contact points (tower, nose, platform, etc). This guy did an amazing job.

Better Boat Covers
Steve Heredia
(916) 421-1819

I assume he is still in business but I haven't talked to him for five years.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-18-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
Damn he moved to Florida. http://www.betterboatcovers.com/index.html