Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-02-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
Anyone have any information on these things? I have one that's available used that's supposedly in great shape. I know they're big in the north where lakes freeze, but I live on a canal and the water level fluctuates, and it'd be nice to be able to raise/lower the legs on it. It has the powered motor, too, so no "playing skipper" and spinning the wheel to raise/lower the boat.

It's pretty cheap compared to having four poles in and buying the lift separate. Any advice?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-02-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
try tigerboatdocks.com I think they also carry used lifts from time to time
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-02-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
You don't use a shorestation because the lake freezes, your boat would not work correctly after that night. We use one so our boat doesn't stain or beat against the dock all the time. The DNR are not fans of boathouses anymore, so a shorestation gets the boat out of the water without trailering it and keeps it safe.

The lift needs about 2-4' of water to work properly. There are extending legs on most of them too so you maybe able to put it into deeper water. The electric motor is a nice addition too, I hate spinning the wheel as well.

(Message edited by mkrueger313 on May 02, 2007)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-02-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
I have one and have had no problems at all. no electric at the water yet so i play skipper.
Old     (grenade)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
any issues with having lifts in water affected by tides?
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-03-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
OnlyInboards, I've seen a few people including one of the people I ride with the most mount a battery on the dock to run the electric lift. Just put a solar recharge panel on top of the shore station to keep it charged!

How much do your water levels fluctuate?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-03-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
not much, the lake is kept at a pretty constant level during the season, then we all take our lifts out, etc in the off season. I'll ahve to check out that battery operated system. jacking up the 3000lb boat sucks at the end of the day!
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-03-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
I'm going to go look at it this weekend and figure out what I'm going to do. thanks for the input I've received so far!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-03-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
if your lake level doesn't fluctuate a more than a foot or two and you have enough clearance for the lift and the water to float the boat when the lift is down, they work perfectly. Get the boat out of the water and away from the pier. Perfect.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-04-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
I've had a Shorestation lift for 18 years and only had to replace a cable once. Not much to maintain. It's a pretty good lift, but cranking does become a hassle.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-05-2007, 5:12 AM Reply   
Shred, the one I'm looking at actually has the motor on it because I can't imagine cranking it every day.
I think I've been convinced to bite the bullet and put the four poles in, though. A coworker's uncle does it for a living and is going to help me sink the four posts free. I'll build the dock/roof, etc from there and I can get a lift for it for under a grand, so to me it's a no brainer (spend $1700 on a shorestation/spend $2K and do it right the first time)