Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-12-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Upload
A buddy sent this and said it was Lake Austin this weekend - he told me to note the sticker on the truck. I'm guessing (besides leaving the brake off)he either forgot the plug as well or it's still hooked to the trailer. Not a good situation - but I would to know if anyone had any shots of what happened next?
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-12-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
PS Note the person bent over (laughing or crying??!!) on the ramp...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-12-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
everyone is fighting over whether the A & M sticker is real or photoshopped...when i looked at the copy without the sticker, i thought it looked a lot blurrier, but i didnt take the time to check it out.

Sucks for that guy. The boat looks salvagable.
Old     (oldcentury76)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Sorry, not a new picture....this pic has had some play this past week... Crazy.

there was a post just a few days ago with this pic and on here (read the second page of the post)

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4100&PN=2
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-12-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
It's real...in my opinion. I'm almost sure I've seen that truck with that exact sticker and tinted windows around campus (although, when everyone in Texas owns a truck, there's bound to be a few duplicates). Any time you have 45,000 college students in one place, you're going to run across a good amount of absent-minded (and likely drunk) ones. Just glad the boat didn't nose dive as the truck sank.
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-12-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
if you look at the time stamp on the photo properties on the original picture posted up without the A&M sticker, it is legit-so the sticker version is a fake, but still funny.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-12-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
Yep, still funny A&M or not, but, seeing how it was Lake Austin, it's probably a Longhorns truck/boat
Old     (wakebrad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-12-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
The A&M is photoshopped. Here is a directory of pictures from back in 2003.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~daveclark/lake/
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       07-12-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
OK - I pulled them into PS and it did look manipulated. In any case... why didn't they disconnect the bow and let the boat float?

Just goes to show you that there's a lot of BS stuff floating (excuse the pun) around on the www. I remember alligator pictures with a deer in it's mouth that was sworn to be at least 5 different lakes - you just can't trust anyone.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Yes, unhook the boat! BUT, thats gotta be alot of pressure to unhook it easy or safely!
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2006, 11:27 PM Reply   
But honestly , how the hell does that happen. I mean that truck is fairly far from the ramp. Or so it seems in the pic, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
But honestly , how the hell does that happen. I mean that truck is fairly far from the ramp. Or so it seems in the pic, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me

If you click on the link from ladalske ^^^ there's a guy who explains how it happens (it happens quite often on that ramp apparently).

The ramp has got slime/weed on it and if you put the rear wheels in the water, put it in park and get out the vehicle can slide as the brakes only work on the rear wheels (if it's in 2WD).

I also saw this happening at Lake Saguaro, AZ about 2 yrs ago. A brand new Duramax Siverado ended up totally submerged.

(Message edited by gobigorgohome on July 13, 2006)