Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (iroc)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-27-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
Who is planning a trip out to Lake Havasu, AZ for the 4th of July? I am going up there for the first time this season. If anyone has gone, could you tell me the best place to dock and where the best coves are for the parties? I am sure that lake will be packed full of T&A. Who else is planning a trip? Peace....JoeUpload
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-27-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I like staying at the South end so I can get some friggen sleep. But all the parties are gonna be at the Sand Bar, the Channel (under the bridge) and at Copper Canyon. The place is fun, make sure you have practiced your beer chugging skills, there will be much boozing.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-27-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
Im going for memorial day, we already have our rooms at the nautical, they have on water slips. I was there for spring break and it was crazy, the 4th and memorial day should be insane.
Upload
Upload
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-27-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
You gotta have more pics than that!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-27-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
good call paul
Old    alanp            04-27-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
you park(your boat) during the day right in town. you CANT miss it. just behind the london bridge hotel. make a trip out to copper canyon (see photos above)which is south i believe. thats where boats hook up(at least during spring break). there is also a sand bar too however ive never personally been to it. dont plan on wakeboarding though unless youre waking up at the crack of dawn which is about 5 am in az during that time of year. otherwise the water is to blown out.
Old     (pollock)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-27-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
I'm going down there for the 4th with a bachelor party. We have 2 ski boats and a pontooner that we're rigging with a generator, dj equipment, and a couple of poles. You should be able to find us.... hopefully before we sink!! I think we are staying at the Nautical.
Old     (iroc)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-28-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
Does anyone have the phone # to the Nautical? Is it a hotel or a condo? I will be looking for you Zach. Hey Alan, I will try to find the place you are talking about. Thanks, hope to see you all out there. ******* and beer... Peace.....Joe
Old    mobiletinting1            04-28-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
I'll be there on memorial day come have a beer with me and my crew.Upload
Upload
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
No Parker this year chris? I was looking forward to checking that thing out in person...
Old     (iroc)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-28-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
Wish I could Chris, but I am driving 14 hours just to go on the 4th of July. Peace....Joe
Old    mobiletinting1            04-28-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
I was go to parker but my beer team will be in havafew this go around.I might be in havafew for the 4th also
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
chris, are you posting drunk again? You're not at Havascrew yet...pace yourself.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-28-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Chris Ill be there memorial day too, were putting a keg on the nautique. We should meet up at the tie up, last time we had some metal pontoon that tied up next to us and put a few nice scratches in my boat.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-28-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
Please don't take offense, but this is why I really liked being sober at Havasu last year.

Busy weekends are fun, but you so need your wits about you because of all the drunks. On Labor Day, we just about went through the channel from the south on Saturday afternoon because there was a crazy squall coming through. Got almost to the point of no return and then flipped a beatch. My partner behind couldn't make it and go pushed through by the crowd of g-spotters.

Heading around the island, we were taking waves over the bow (aaargh), but Papa Crowe had an even tougher time in the channel. The boys were with him, and ended up sitting on the boat's four corners trying to keep other rubrails away. Didn't work all the time.

We did actually get some good riding in that weekend, and never once dawn patrolled. The people watching is fun, to be sure, but as for the boat driver and hopefully one other adult, PLEASE don't drink - when things get ugly, which they will, you'll want all your facilities.

Some guy next to us on the launch ramp (Windsor) had his engine friggin explode. The engine cover flew across the dock deal onto our side of the ramp. I'm in the Sequoia waiting to push down into the water and the launch ramp just shuts down. Black smoke was cranking across, his little piss ant extinguisher didn't do the trick. It could've easily been real ugly for nearby boats/people.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-28-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Man, I sound pretty old, huh?