Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-26-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Anybody know of a program to capture music from a DVD wake video? My PC has a DVDRW drive, and I can play DVDs, but I'm having a hard time finding a program that will capture the audio for later use as an MP3. Ideas anybody?

Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-26-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
I've done this thing using Goldwave. It's a shareware program that you can find on the internet. Start playing the DVD with something like WinDVD (also I think is shareware.) Then use Goldwave and hit the record button to begin grabbing audio. You may have to open up your audio control panel and play around until it starts working. Double click on your on the speaker in the lower right hand of the screen, this brings up the audio properties. Click Options, then properties. Click the 'Recording' radio button, click ok. Then select the correct audio source. Here's where you have to play around. I think the DVD comes in as CD Audio or Line In audio... Shoot me an e-mail if you get stuck.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-26-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
Total Recorder is my secret weapon.
http://www.highcriteria.com/
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-27-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
Tmpgenc has tools for extracting audio. If the DVD is protected you will need DvdDecrypter to get the files to your hard drive.

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-27-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Second Goldwave. Sound comes through awesome.