Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    shortyz            08-07-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
god damit i love wakeboarding so much, and on big airs, when i land my front knee sometimes has a very sharp pain and it wrecks my whole day of riding. anyone have this problem?

only happens when i land hard way out in the flats.

just hucked my first backflip and this crap starts hapening, kind of a piss off!

peace.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-07-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
What part of the knee has the sharp pain, i had that problem with a different sport and found out that i sprained my MCL...

Eric
Old    shortyz            08-08-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
like along the left side where that little bump sticks out.
Old    shawnb            08-08-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm dealing with that very thing right now. I felt a sharp pain landing a HS FS 180 today. By the time I got back to the dock I could barely walk. Now I'm sitting on the couch while everyone else is out riding. I'm dreading the a trip to the orthopedic doctor now because he's probably going to tell me I'm done for the year.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-08-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
If its on the inside of your knee it could be ur MCL, hope u recover soon.

Eric
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-08-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
Yeah my knees get a little sore after a ride sometimes, but my real problem was last summer. During a hockey game in the winter i went knee first into the boards. I had a lot of trouble wakeboarding and saw something pop out from time to time. The Doc' got me in for orthoscopic surgery and found a 3/4" in diameter of bone that had chipped off from the inside of my knee cap, and then calcified. I took two weeks of recovery, and its been pretty good since. If ur knee keeps bothering you ask about orthoscopic surgery. I didn't take long to recover but sure helped me.
Old    shortyz            08-09-2004, 2:05 AM Reply   
yeah but i mean i could go into a doctor, and tell him whats wrong, but it never hurts or anything till i start boarding. so how the hell is he suposed to know??

it isnt on the inside eric, its on the outside of my knee, like inside it. the pain is incredible for about 3 hours, then goes away. its a sharp shooting pain that shoots up my whole body right to my hip. grr

thanks for the comments

(Message edited by shortyz on August 09, 2004)
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-09-2004, 2:15 AM Reply   
I had problems with my knees for the longest time. Then i found out that if you duck your feet out somemore, if puts some pressure off the knee because your knee will bend in a slightly differnt way.... its worth a try, worked for me. I went to doctors and physical therapy, and then i tried duckin my feet out and no more knee pain.
Also try landing a little more on the tail of your board instead of flat...
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-09-2004, 3:41 AM Reply   
no matter where the injury is in your knee, a phsio will be able to locate it by a series of movements of your knee, listening for clicks, odd movements etc etc.

i'd say give it a try, unless ure a physio u won't know how they identify problems, but they do!!
Old    metalarmy            08-09-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
Well I went out boarding and got a nasty pain in my knee and I have just gotten an MRI They think its a torn Menisucs. This isnt really bad they just cut the torn part and you will be fine.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
I went to the doctor(s) several times and they kept givin' me the "ice/hot" thing, and it ended up being something loose and needing to be taken out. Make sure to tell the doc if you see anything pop out or look very abnormal, cause that should convince them to look further into it.