Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (tcosta2)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-14-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
having problems boat is an 2004 x-30 with 350 motor I will be cruising at a speed in say the mid 20s and all of a sudden the boat starts coughing and sputtering and the alarm light and buzzer start going off and the motor dies. last season first I was told the fuel pump went bad ($500 + labor) then the computer was bad must have shorted when the fuel pump went out (only paid labor for that) the boat was put back in the water and ran for 20 minutes did it again then was told the batteries were bad and the computer would fault because of it (600 that time) did it again this time I took it to a different shop they said the oil was bad and the impeller was bad even though it only had 10 hours on the service this same shop did then they said it was the distributor sensor they said it was running great the boat sat for a couple months till the weather warmed up and it did it again any ideas
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-15-2007, 5:41 AM Reply   
There are a couple of things which may cause this, some of which you have already addressed. IMO oil and impeller are not something that would cause this. Have you had a shop check the ECM to see what code is being thrown?

1. Bad Computer, check for a loose connection before replacing the entire board

2. Fuel Pump, could be inconsistent fuel pressure I've seen it take up to 40 minutes to drop fuel pressure for no apparent reason

3. Water/crap in tank, not fun to get out and a pain to diagnose unless you have an alternate fuel source to run the boat off of.

4. Knock Sensor, this is probably not the problem but you never know, if all else fails give it a try.
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-15-2007, 5:58 AM Reply   
Check all the grounds
Old     (wink_vlx)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-15-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
A friend of mine had the very same problem 1 wk ago, according to the dealer the problem is the alternator is not strong enough to support the present electrical system & therefore has caused the batteries to go bad!? The boat was given a new upgraded alternator & 2 new batteries, friday & sat all was well.
Old     (tcosta2)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-15-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
as far as the error codes the shop tells me there were none that not all problems give a code but that the alarm I hear is the motor going into a safe mode, the computer was replaced I dont know if it was ever really bad, the fuel pump is new and the tank was drained when the fuel pump was replaced, the boat has new optima batteries and the alternator is a upgraded one but its not new, and the distributor module is new keep the ideas coming Im at the point where I dont trust the dealer to do anything
Old    shawn_madison            05-15-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
Tony, Call MC direct and ask for Customer Service. Explain your dilemma. Sounds like you have an inept dealer that is bilking you....

-Check the connection to the coil
-Check the Ignition Control Module
-IAC Counter?
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-15-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
Check the ignition module. I had the same problem two years ago.
Old     (huski444)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-16-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
I had a similar problem on my 2003 X2 with the mcx motor. Happened several times until we finally figured out that the tether switch was faulty. New teher switch fixed the problem. Was not easy to diagnose.
Old     (huski444)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-16-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
I had a similar problem on my 2003 X2 with the mcx motor. Happened several times until we finally figured out that the tether switch was faulty. New tether switch fixed the problem. Was not easy to diagnose.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-16-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/447855.html?1179279856

just ahppened to our boat to ... same thing that you said.

and heres another MC motor thread
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-16-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
Had the same prob, it was the plug on the throttle body. Turns out that when I closed the motor cover, the black plastic was hitting the plug and unplugging it, then motor vibration would just wiggle it off. I cut a little notch in the plastic and put a hose clamp on the plug, problem solved. Let me know if you want me to post pics. Hope this helps
Old     (lknbum)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2007, 5:20 AM Reply   
While on the subject of the MC, we have an X1 that the alarm comes on when Idle or "trolling" speed. I have checked the volts and they are fine. I noticed the oil pressure would go from 80 to 40 and thats when the alarm sounds. Any Idea on how to keep that pressure up in a responsible not keeping the throttle up manner? My dealer has checked things and can't find the problem, I'm hoping someone has had this issue before. THanks.