Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dealmaker1)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
I really need some help with my weight setup for my 08-x2. I ride goofy foot (right side). I have the stock kgb and the stock right tank filled plus a 750lb fatsack in the right rear locker beside engine. 2 people on front of boat driver and 1 person on right rear. The wake is just fair and hard to find the sweet spot. What am I missing here? Really bummed about this! Thanks in advance!
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2008, 7:39 AM Reply   
I would say more weight in the bow and less weight in the rear. I have the 400# fat sac in the rear compartment and 750# fat sac in the bow. If you really want to go for it then get the surf sac 750# and strap it in on the seat. A buddy has this setup and the wake is huge. Mine is good too without the surf sac and sweet spot is there ... 07 X2
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-06-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
We have been surfing behind my buddies 07 X-2 and it has a great wake to surf. He has the 400's in the rear lockers and about 200- 300 in the bow. He throws 2 80lb bricks on the surf side and even with only driver, rider and spotter the wave is good.

When you throw some people in the boat the wave can get really big, but then you have to start moving people around to keep it clean. I was really impressed with the X-2 wave, and it has a surfable wave on both sides! Goofy side is better than regular side.
Old     (gotwakex45)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-06-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
you need to get atleast 1000 pounds on the right side, i have an MCX-45 & MC X-80 i got the X-80 because i wanted a good right side of the wake too.... but on my X-45 i filled up both stock ballast and put another 1000 pounds on the right side of the boat, 750 in the back and 250 in the front.... you will have a killer wake
Old     (duramaxer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-08-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
Seems that tyler thinks that the same set up on a x45 will work on any boat as that is the same comment he made about the x14 in another thread.
WTF????
I have a 08 x2 and we are still dialing in the wake. Haven't got it totally figured out yet but I have just been filling the port, KGB, and another 400 in the rear port locker. We can surf it no problem with a blue lake (the only board I have). It is a bit washed so I am going to play with the weighting to clean it up some (I am sure that someone else can chime in about this part better than I). I am leaning to putting in the fly high system though but I will first use some sac's on the floor to decide for sure.
That being said we are still having fun the way it is.
Old     (duramaxer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-08-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Sorry I forgot that you were refering to the starboard side. I have set up the same way on that side as well when we have to for the goofy footers and it seemed to me that the wake was about the same. Again I still need to play some more with the weight in it and I will keep you posted as to what I find out as I learn more too.