Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
I am looking at purchasing an '02 Mobius V (not the LSV)and was looking for some input from anybody who has any experience with this boat. My 3 main questions about this boat are: 1) How's the wake behind it? With and without ballast? The boat comes with I think about 1200 pounds of ballast in 3 bags and it has the wakeplate. 2) What are the dimensions of the boat on the trailer? I'm trying to see if I can squeeze it in my garage. 3) How roomy is the interior(storage & seating)? The specs says it fits 12 people but is that 12 people jammed in the boat? Any other input from current or previous owners of this boat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-18-2006, 9:00 PM Reply   
I had the mobius LSV, 3 bags gravity. 2 500lbs in the rear and 1 650lbs bag in the lock, It had a very good, wake, it took a little while to plane, but after that it was very good wake.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
im pretty sure the mobius V is a 22' boat, so it's a different hull than the LSV. ive never seen one in person so i can't say much but i do know its bigger than the LSV
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-19-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
The Mobius V throws an awesome wake, kind of like a mix between the currenty Outback V (old LSV) and an XLV. Very roomy boat inside. Its rated for 12, I'd say 8-10 adults comfortably though. The width of the boat on the trailer should be 102". Length of the boat is 22', add 2' for the trailer tongue if it doesn't swing and 2' for the platform if you want to keep it on.
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-19-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback...What kind of wake does it throw? I was wondering if it's a little wider because of the width of the beam. Thanks!
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-19-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
It is a little wider than your typical boat. No problem though, just run 5 ft shorter on your rope or get used to it. It has a really nice rampy transition with a good lip at the top to give you a little more pop.
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-19-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
i have an '03 mob v... this is the wake with full stock ballast
Upload
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-19-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
I owned a 2001 Mobius V for 4 years. Wake is very similar in width, size and shape to the Supra SSV 22 foot boat. Same length and beam. Hull is slightly different. Many of the MobV's came with a hydraulic wake plate which helps to shape the wake and reduce size for beginners and skiing. Most wakeboarders want it all the way up.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-19-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Here are a few links to some footage of my boat with about 1800lbs of ballast.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Sulfer-Sticks-and-Retard-Training_wakeboarding-photo.html?medid=16531

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/The-Talians_wakeboarding-photo.html?medid=16523

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/5-Days-To-Hold-The-Handle_wakeboarding-photo.html?medid=16360

I've owned mine for going on five years. If you have any questions shoot me an e-mail.