Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    splais            05-15-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
I am. and while we have only been out twice so far this season, the wake is not looking good. Now you got to realize the Mob V is a huge boat. But it throws a pretty good WB wake. But I need some input on how much weight you are putting in it and were.

Today we a 400 pound sack on the left the standard front center sack in the floor and another 500 pound sack on the floor in back, sort of on the left side. But we just could seem to get anything but a somewhat medeocre(?) wake. The extra sack hug-a-sized the wakeboard wake, but didn't help the surf wake all that much. I'm wondering if we need more weight in front or the Mob V just never will make a good surfwake.
Old    needca            05-18-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
Steve,
I have a moomba outback lsv which is a smaller boat but I think the hull is pretty similiar. This is what we do

rear side locker = 600 lbs full
ski locker = 450 lbs full
two 250 lb bags on the back seat tied off between the tower and the cleat.

Wake is definitely a solid wakesurfing wake, i'll take a pic next time we're out.

We usually pull around 9-10 mph, hope that helps.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Steve in my 20v I put all the weight in the left rear locker, which is usually about 800# maybe a little more. Then of course everyone but the driver is on the left side also, speed anywhere from 9 - 11, usually 9.5 or 10mph.

Minor speed changes make a huge difference, not just the weight. Also make sure you are in deep enough water that it's not making the wake smaller. Parts of Ferguson are shallow enough to make a difference.
Old    splais            05-18-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
Bill, Matt Thanks.

The LSV is a substantially slimmer boat which helps a great deal I think. Bill I think you are correct. I was reading about the shallow water issue the other day. Unfortunately a good part of Furgie is only 5-6 feet deep. But next time we will try out in the main lake.

I had a 400# sack in rear left locker, a 400# in front locker (all part of stock hippo ballast sytem) and a 500# sack on the floor left side that actually put it pretty much in the middle. We tried speeds from 9-13 mph and just never got that good a wake. It kind of s***s to waste time going out and experimenting with sack positioning, but guess we got to do it.

PS: All my wakeboard buddies are saying forget the wakesurf stuff, just fill the whole boat with sacks and lets ride.

(Message edited by splais on May 18, 2004)
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2004, 4:14 PM Reply   
I've found that putting weight up front doesn't help at all, but it depends on the boat. Hopefully we'll see you out there one of these weekends - assuming I make it out there any time soon.
Old    splais            05-18-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
Bill, yeah what happened to all the SD guys. Haven't seen Rony and his DZ crew yet and Todds place has been boarded up the two times we have been out.
Old    splais            05-18-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
I have two extra sacks I can put anyplace. So you think I would be better off with one on the back seat and one on the left seat, vice one in front and one on the left side - for starters
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
Can you stick 2 sacks in the rear locker? If you can't then on the back and left seats for starters and see how much it helps.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-19-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
Steve, I have a Mob V. I put a 750# sack in the left locker, and a 600# sack on the seat on the left side. Two guys sit on the side of the boat with their feet on the sack. If I have more people they sit on the rear hatch. 10 mph, slight left turn. You'll have a hip high wave.

What ever you do, don't weight the front, or the middle. Joe
Old    splais            05-31-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
Joe, your suggestions worked great. we found 10.7 with a little less weight than you worked great.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-31-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
Steve, glad to hear you got it dialed. It does take some time but once you figure out the formula it's easy. We had a NICE wake today, a couple of new people and they had a great time. The one kid does a lot of skimboarding and he was able to get up and toss the rope after less than a minute of riding. I've never seen anyone figure it out that quickly.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-13-2004, 9:48 PM Reply   
Steve,

I have a Mobius LS DD, and due to the prop rotation I can not get a decent wake on the left side, no matter how I manipulate the weight in the boat. However I get a very nice wake on the right side with the front bag empty, back tank full, a 250 lbs sack on the right side of the engine and a couple guys sitting in the back right corner of the boat and go about 10 mph.
Old    elttuvi            06-30-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
i have a seadoo challenger x wit 600lb's in back. throws a knee high wake at most, i could get into the pocket but as soon as i dropped the rope i loose it. it was only my second time though.
Old    ela            01-05-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
My name is Splais Mihaela and i was suprized of your username (splais). I don't know to speach or write so well in english, but i hope you anderstand what i want to say. I am for Romania and in this country only my family have this name. I hope we speach more offten. My adress is mihaelasplais@yahoo.com. I hope i am not that indiscret:-)