Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ridemyzamboni)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-18-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
I'm wondering what the best settings are for web videos? And what program is best for producing these settings? Right now I use premiere pro to edit my videos and use the built in encoder to export them to wmv. When I put them on my website though they are choppy.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-18-2006, 11:00 PM Reply   
this is how dpc rolls.

http://www.dpcfilms.com/HowTo/articles/CompressingVideos/index.asp
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-19-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
In quicktime use h264 which (on a PC) you have access to via QTpro:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

I'm curious if itunes for windows has a builtin ipod video encoder like the Mac version. Apple seems to have optimized the encoder settings and made it a pretty simple workflow to convert your video files to ipod sized video without needing too much understanding of the process. I've found the results using itunes to be as good as going through the whole process in compressor - tweaking the settings etc.
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-20-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
I've had problems finding sites that will upload the h264 files. Alot of sites aren't up to date with what they will accept. I also export them with quicktime 6 settings because many sites won't take a MPEG4 file created with quicktime 7 settings from a intel core duo machine and FCP. If you have Compressor (bundled with FCP studio) you can dump it in and convert files to multiple formats all at once including reverting to QT6 settings.....
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-21-2006, 11:57 PM Reply   
If you have quicktime pro, you can convert your mp4 (h.264) into a .mov file.. That should help with the uploading.

Windows Media Encoder is FREE and fast.. However for H.264 (which is my new fav) then you need something like Sorenson Squeeze to get good compression.. Maybe it's just adobe, but I've never liked the "preset" compression settings.. Hence my tutorial on Windows Media Encoder.

One thing I still like about Windows Media, is the ability to play back in FULL screen. Even a full screen, if you sit back a few feet the overall pic is not bad for the file size.