Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-02-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Here is a picture of me riding boat and me riding cable...I can assure you that both tricks are equally hard, there is no difference. Without the cable, I wouldn't be able to do half the tricks I can on the boat. I love the cable (sorry for the pour quality-boat shot grabbed out of video)
Upload

Upload
Old     (blakehess1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
Tom Fooshee with Nick Davies, Sam Collins and Josh Rice all close. Those guys are great at every aspect of Cable Riding! Air Tricks, rails and kickers! Sorry Ben you forgot the last two :-)
Old     (wakemastercraft)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2009, 10:36 PM Reply   
Nick Davies.... king of the cable... period
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-02-2009, 11:14 PM Reply   
Hmmm favorite vs. best...

Fav cable rider by far is...

Blake Hess! Who else does barefoot laps at night?! LOL

Fooshee, Rice, Wright, Reed, Cody Johnson (the pro, not the intermediate one) and the rest of the TSR guys, not to mention those awesome lady riders, Louise, Danielle, Kelly, Marissa, Holland)

Lu Le is quite the rider too.. I have a sequence of him doing the ol double hump rail at TSR.. only a handful of riders could master that best, and Lu was one of em!

Nick Davies is an awesome rider as well and always impresses!

-Swami
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-02-2009, 11:18 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, forgot about Rob Mapp.. here is a shot of the Mappster!
Upload
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-03-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
I've had the pleasure of watching Nick Davies at OWC yesterday and today. The guy is in a different league. There were some very good cable riders including some big name wake pros at OWC the last two days, but Nick Davies is simply better by a mile.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-03-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
kyle that hoochie behind the boat is mad gnarish mang. Steeze Louise!
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-04-2009, 5:25 AM Reply   
Here is what I think about that cable vs boat and air-s vs obstacles crap: I think you take yourself too much seriously. Statements like "cable is lame" or "air is lame" are actually lame. Dude, why don't you just get into the water and just ride? Who TF are you to tell me, I am lame or do it the wrong way if like air tricks on the cable? Thats what I like to do, OK? That's my style if you want. I could do obstacles but I do not enjoy them, OK?

Thats why I hate competitions - some smartass dudes say "o, this one is hard and this one is not". WTF? I ride for fun, that's what its all about.

Peace V
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-19-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
couldnt agree more, its tiring to hear the wake vs cable argument. They're both aspects of our sport and compliment each other.

wakeboardstl let us know how u go at the cable, i guarantee if you manage to stick some air tricks it will change your perspective completely.

anyway, fave cable riders

Nick Davies (in a league of his own
Sam Collins
Nick Fooshee

someone u probably havent heard of Bomb(Padiwat Jaemjan) sick ass rider from Thailand. He's tried some double sbends off the double up and come close so its do-able, just ridiculously dangerous