Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    upupnaway            07-26-2003, 4:37 PM Reply   
Maybe I missed the boat and everyone does this already, but I thought I would post it anyway.
I am kind of picky about my wake shape, yet I do not want to assign seating in my boat for proper weight distribution.
My answer is a canvas duffel bag with 90 pounds of weight in it. I just look to see who sits where, and move the bag accordingly.
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
I keep a 200 pound container of lead to adjust the wake when neccessary. Container is small and it slides across the carpet.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 10:50 AM Reply   
carpeted tractor weights for me.....
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-27-2003, 3:40 PM Reply   
Mike,
no harm is providing your solution, sometimes it helps those that are still new, gain additional info.

I don't know how your Mobius is setup, but I have the ability to drain each rear tank seperate. If the boat is unbalanced, I just drian the side needs to be a bit lighter. Work just like your system, only I don't have to move anything.

Just thought I would share!

KG
towerboxes
Old    krug            07-27-2003, 8:17 PM Reply   
I have a custom twin tank system in my outback that i use to level it out . I glued a small line level to my dash. I level the boat before i get the rider up. you can get RV levels at walmart or any RV store. use a jack to level the boat with a 4 ft level and a staight 2x4 across the boat first.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-28-2003, 9:27 AM Reply   
I like the level idea & I might have to try that!!

When I get in the water I usually look at the platform to see if the boat is off balance. If so, I have a 65lb leadhead I can move to one side or the other to balance things out. If the leadhead does not do it I have a heavier person switch sides with a lighter person. The people I usually ride with want a good wake as well and don't mind moving to tweak the wake.