Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    cgbaker10            05-04-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone has any pics on the best way to pull awesome double ups?...or have any quality advice on em?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-04-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
just hit your previous wake at a 90 degree angle. This will form the perfect pyramid ramp shape that you see the pro' go 12ft in the air. Because I wakeboard in a narrow bayou, I have to first set up a wall so that I can go straight through it after the turn. To do this i do the following:
1. Stay in the center or more to the left of the river (this is if you are regular or left foot forward).
2.Turn hard right towards the shoreline, when you are about 50ft away from the shoreline turn back so that you are parrallel with the shore.
3.Ride parallel with the shore for a 50-100 yards.
4. Start to turn around and go 90 degrees through the initial wall of water that you set-up in step #1.
5. To hit the double up, just sit low and follow one of the 4 rollers towards your wake, this should set you straight up the pyramid for some decent air. takes a while to get used to, but when you get it you will know it.
Old    cgbaker10            05-04-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
i have heard that the 3rd roller is the best is that true?
Old    cgbaker10            05-04-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
and one more ?...is there a certain way to hit the dub up?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-04-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
the 2nd and 3rd rollers are best. I normally hit the 3rd. To hit it, i edge out about 15-20ft and wait for the boat to straighten out. Once the boat straightens out I bend my knees and sit down low and take a progressive edge to the wake. Your edge doesnt have to be that hard on a double up bc the double up pyramid should do most of the work. Just sit low and sit right behind the 3rd roller and follow it towards the wake. If you do this, you should hit the double up perfectly and get launched. Some people say that you should just sit low and wait for the double up to come to you, this way you dont hesitate and rush it. It's really something that you and the boat driver have to do a few times to get used to. Go and teach the driver how to perfect the double up first, then strap on the board and try it.