Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2013, 6:58 PM Reply   
The Boise Surf This Bash was a great event, the Brigade guys did a great job and on top of that the event had all the other parts of it that have made the Endless Wave Tour a fun time.

First, the matchup that was fun to watch this weekend was the one between Aaron Witherall and Dom Lagace. Old pro against newcomer kid, kid phenom against his hero. The conditions were NOT optimum, had some huge rollers out there, and yet Aaron seemed UNPHASED, he just did his run, and nailed it. The judges told me they had to take extra time to pick him up, because they couldn't write down and record all his tricks he was landing so many in succession. It was really amazing. Here is the finals for Open Men Surf and Skim, great stuff. Other great riding in there, but Aaron is the rider to watch.

Lastly, there was the Brigade Brackets. The guys at Brigade came up with this idea to have some fun while the judges were tallying the score. This was a great idea, and one I am sure you will see again. It needs a bit of fine tuning, but the Brigade Brackets is a winner. Junior or Amateur rider can be paired up with a pro, 2 boats head to head side to side. When the riders were regular and goofy, we had some great spine action.

Just a couple minutes in is the match up between Chase Hazen and Emily Agate, I laughed hard for a long time and I can't wait to put this up in HD.

Don't miss Dallas, its going to be fun for the wrap up of the entire tour.

Last edited by ragboy; 08-05-2013 at 7:01 PM.