Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (TWCA21Wake)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-10-2012, 9:31 PM Reply   
I can now consistently land my wake to wake jump and land out in the flats. However i have trouble getting a lot of height off the jump. I cant seem to get very much height on my wake to wake jumps but when we slow the boat down a little i can get launched pretty easily but always land just short of the other wake. I have even attempted and almost landed 3s when i slow the boat down too. Any suggestions on helping me get more pop off the wake would be greatly appreciated. I am also riding at 65 feet...i don't know if that needs to be changed.

Here is the link to my second wake to wake jump, i can get a little higher now but not much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eic7sKmz1U&feature=plcp
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-10-2012, 11:12 PM Reply   
hey man, solid looking stuff, you look pretty confident out there. Here are a few things that i would do,
1. if you watch the video, you sit down (to jump) after you start cutting back in. This makes you lose your edge and will hinder your height. So i would cut out, squat down, and then initiate your turn back to the wake squatted already.
2. You have a great cut and your form seems great, but what i would do is once you reach where you want to go on your toes before you cut back in heelside to jump, stop and let the boat pull you back in and then continue to edge from there.
3. when you actually pop, stand almost all the way up you are still almost in a full squat coming off the wake. also keep the handle low and close to your body and you want your chest to be pointed up. think about puffing up your chest. it sounds weird, but it works.
4. if you can, invest in some extra weight (ballast bags are preferred, but if you have to ((or are into that kinda thing)) fat chicks work too i guess)...
I hope this helps, good luck!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-10-2012, 11:20 PM Reply   
handle to waist, extend your legs/stand tall when you pop off the wake. Looks like you hit the wake with bent knees and crouching.
Old     (TWCA21Wake)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-11-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Ok. Thanks a lot. I'll remember this next time I go out...which will be a while. We hit a stump on my normal run...we need some rain here in parts of Texas. Yea SS_hooke102 I'm trying to convince my dad to help me buy some ballast bags...I have money for bags but not all the pumps. He say i have to land 3s and a trantrum before he helps me out. So if y'all know any place that's cheaper or someone trying to get rid of some. That would be greatly appreciated
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-12-2012, 10:03 PM Reply   
look into tsunami pumps, they are like $100 bucks and fill bags super quick. It is a bit of money, but it is well worth it, check out, wakemakers.com!