Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cpark)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-23-2013, 8:59 PM Reply   
So I have been having this problem for awhile now and it doesn't help me whilst riding. Every single pair of bindings I use the tongue always slips one way or the other leaving me with a very loose feeling. Is there anyway I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-24-2013, 9:28 PM Reply   
some people i see don't realize the tongue goes inside the cuff... this may or may not be your situation.

...anyway, a new style and or brand or boot might be in order. one way to solve this problem in definitely would be to switch to a style of boot that has a wrap style cuff like the "contact liner" in the liquidforce vantage open toe and closed toe boots.

boots that have the intuition liners i feel have a good fit. ronix and slingshot have these. ronix has some of the beefiest tongues i have yet to see. try a few different boots on in a store.

what boots have you had problems with besides the liquid force 2012 limited Watson bindings mentioned in your profile???

stay tuned for more suggestions
Old     (Cpark)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-26-2013, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
some people i see don't realize the tongue goes inside the cuff... this may or may not be your situation.

...anyway, a new style and or brand or boot might be in order. one way to solve this problem in definitely would be to switch to a style of boot that has a wrap style cuff like the "contact liner" in the liquidforce vantage open toe and closed toe boots.

boots that have the intuition liners i feel have a good fit. ronix and slingshot have these. ronix has some of the beefiest tongues i have yet to see. try a few different boots on in a store.

what boots have you had problems with besides the liquid force 2012 limited Watson bindings mentioned in your profile???

stay tuned for more suggestions
Yeah my current bindings are 2012 Watson LTD's and 2012 Ronix cells and the tongue always moves to the side no matter what I do. I am skinnier but have muscular legs and calves, I have the laces pulled all the way tight too!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-26-2013, 11:20 PM Reply   
hmmm... suggestion for ronix might be out then...
Slingshot boots(Rad and Shredtown) have the intuition liners inside a shell of stiffer material. The shell tongue i bet would not move around on you much, but the liner tongue i am not so sure would not slide to the side independently of the shell.

This sounds like a problem that even an in-store trial might not be able to reproduce sufficient test results?

without being able to demo some bindings, i suppose my suggestion for the LF vantage boots stands as the best solution i think.
***Also the 2012 LF Soven bindings and older had the wrap style "contact liner" if you don't like the Vantage style boots
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-27-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
I have the System Process boots.

When the tongue is inside the cuff (as I think they are ment to be) I find the boots fairly uncomfortable

When the tongue is outside the cuff, I could wear them all day...they feel great.

Love the setup overall, im still not sure on the boot choice
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-28-2013, 9:31 PM Reply   
well... shoot. maybe putting the tongue on the outside might help (incorrect or not)... it's worth a shot.
Old     (Cpark)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-29-2013, 4:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
well... shoot. maybe putting the tongue on the outside might help (incorrect or not)... it's worth a shot.
I have only done that at the cable park and it makes things very loose but it has no tongue movement