Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-02-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
i am fixing to change board, and will most than likely buy a temet. does anybody know if the new murray is a carryover from the temet, or if it was changed? i heard shaun wanted to make the tip and tail a bit wider on his board to add a bit of "pop". thanks..
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-02-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
i think they just changed the name.
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-02-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
i think the same, but i want to know for sure before i buy.
Old    ricktrav            09-02-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
befor you buy a temet see if you can demo it. i have heard that it's a slow board with little pop.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-02-2004, 9:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, Murray gets hardly any pop when riding the Temet. Definitely don't buy it. lol
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-02-2004, 10:47 PM Reply   
I think that richard is saying, that for an intermediate rider that has yet to master loading the line, the temet may feel like it doesn't pop. But the temet will be very mellow and very predictable, just not that uncontrolable buck style pop that say the parks gives.
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-02-2004, 11:08 PM Reply   
i have tried the temet 142 and 138 in the past, i liked it better than some other boards i've demoed. i ride an 03 preimier (now era)and want to switch to that board. i saw shaun throw hoochies way over my head riding that board. trust me it pops, it is smooth on landings and like mark said it's very predictable. i just want to know if there were any changes made to it? if not i'll go with a temet, or else i'll demo the murray. thanks for the input anyways. t-bone, do you know???

(Message edited by alo on September 02, 2004)
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-02-2004, 11:31 PM Reply   
I sugest expanding your horizons into other brands like liquid force or gator. Hyperlites are among the heaviest on the market. Just because they sell the most, doesn't mean they are the best.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-03-2004, 3:42 AM Reply   
yeah. its the same board. you will love it. we have people try it every week, and make converts from 3 stage to it almost every time. its a great board.
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-03-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
thanks travis. how is shaun recovering? btw, you gotta post some pics of your new boat somewhere, i really want to see it.
Old     (guitartguy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-03-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
I ride the 04 and like it a lot. I believe the only change in the 05 is new graphics and bigger fins. The 04 has .8 fins and I heard the 05 has 1.00 fins. If anything, it will be just a tad more stable.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-04-2004, 3:52 AM Reply   
shaun's recovery is going well. everyone knows the kid is highly motivated, and he has a great physical therapist. he has been hanging out in the boat, and back to his abnormal self.
i'll get you some pics of my boat after the storm passes thru. it needs a good cleaning, and, i'm sure it will really need one after frances. i can't believe its time to order my new one already.
and, mike is right. there will just be graphic changes, and they have been shipping them with the 1.1" i guess alot of people found it too loose out of the box with the .8" fins on it. but, i would guess you would prefer the .8 alex.
by the way, we just had a couple of crazy mexicans at the camp this week.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
Thanks Travis for the info, that what I tought.
although it would have been nice to pull off some weight...

Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-20-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
alejandro-
what up man? hope that you are doing well- been riding much? I haven't ridden in 6 weeks if you can believe that- our lake is totally F%$#@ after frances and Ivan- so much debris in the water that I'm afraid to run my boat- keep in touch and take care-

Alex