Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-25-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
Just a little teaser for you all. Our camping/ motorcycle crew is taking Swass on his first ever trail riding voyage in Green River Utah. Whitewash to be exact. Sand, dirt, slickrock, rivercrossings and more!! This is the area where I first got on a my new dirtbike 2 years ago. Never had been on a bike before and learned to ride at whitewash Ut. We are leaving tonight and will be back on sunday. Many pics and funny stories to be posted sunday or monday.. Stay tuned!!! He is going to be a great addition to our crew. !!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
NICE.... Cannot wait for pictures.... If Green River was a little closer, I'd sneak over just to say hello!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-25-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
Right on Swass!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2010, 5:19 AM Reply   
That's awesome! looking forward to some pics as well. Ride smart, ride safe, have fun!
Old    Chris            03-29-2010, 6:10 AM Reply   
My ass hurts. Bad. There are bits and pieces of it all over the Utah desert.

That was so much fun! I have a long way to go before I can keep up with ya'll, but I'm getting there. I didn't see any of you break a clutch lever while going well under 5 mph! Amateurs.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My ass hurts. Bad. There are bits and pieces of it all over the Utah desert.

That was so much fun! I have a long way to go before I can keep up with ya'll, but I'm getting there. I didn't see any of you break a clutch lever while going well under 5 mph! Amateurs.
Come on....where are the pics?
Old    Chris            03-29-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
The few I have are still on my camera. Andy might have a few. My Honda had to remain a respectable distance from the KTMs, so there might not be too many.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       03-29-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
I bet everyone had a good time. Post-up some pics when you guys get a chance!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-29-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Chris f.@&ing killed it out there!!! Pics and vids should be rolling in today and tonight and we will get some posted up. Was a great trip.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-29-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Chris broke his clutch lever off halfway thru a technical trail about 7 miles into it. The dude rode out of the area back to camp without using the clutch!!! It was awesome. One section was a hillclimb up a solid rock face that had about 3 feet of close to vertical section at the end.! We both got some coaching from a buddy and went for it.! Chris leaned forward over the front tire and made that trail his Biotch. Did not even bobble. And with no clutch, starting from a dead stop by dropping the bike into first from neutral while goosing the gas. This section is one that I had to have my buddies ride my bike up 2ce before in years past. Thats how gnarly it was. A fall would mean your bike crashing down on solid rock on top of you as you loop it out. Fear is a great motivator.!!
Old    Chris            03-29-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Thanks, Andy!
Old    Chris            03-30-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
It's time for some maintenance now. I guess I better learn how to change the oil.

I think my track days are pretty much done for. A track will be pretty boring by comparison.
Attached Images

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-30-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
Nice guys.... Looks like a ton of fun.

Chris, get some ASV's. Nothing is worse than a broken clutch lever. ASV's are cheap insurance.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
Looks like a great time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
A fall would mean your bike crashing down on solid rock on top of you as you loop it out. Fear is a great motivator.!!
..... Classic....
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-30-2010, 8:38 PM Reply   
Last pic says it all.... and that it looks like Andy is about to sneeze.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 4:52 AM Reply   
only 1 2 stroke?!!?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2010, 6:25 AM Reply   
Please move the pumkins to the back of the pics next time. Those Hondas belong up front!
Old    Chris            03-31-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Dems fightin' words, Cliff.

Here are a few more.

I was told that if my gear matches my bike that I'll ride better. I think it worked!
Attached Images

Last edited by Chris; 03-31-2010 at 9:02 AM.
Old    Chris            03-31-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
How far away from you were we, E.J.?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
How far away from you were we, E.J.?
Couple hundred miles....maybe a little less. Little under a 3 hour drive I assume.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
That's awesome that one of those bikes are tagged
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-31-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Ben, 2 of us have plates on our ktm exc bikes. I ride mine everywhere. I will ride up the canyon on asphalt then turn off on all the trails and dirt roads and play all day. I have a spare set of rims/tires with street legal knobbies that I run when I do that. Ktm is the #1 trail bike here in colorider. Then Honda. Utah seemed to be the same. Prob saw 2 yamahas and one 2 Kawasaki all weekend. Orange is everywhere.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
I have one, but not orange!
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-31-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Please move the pumkins to the back of the pics next time. Those Hondas belong up front!
I bet they were racing back to camp!
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-31-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
Looks like a great ride. I like the wash pic and the big sky post card shot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
That's awesome that one of those bikes are tagged
That's one the great things about KTM. Here's mine:
Attached Images

Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-31-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
In looking for the pic of my bike, I found a video of one of our recent rides. It's no Utah, but it was mountainous.