Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-29-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
Has anyone done this, if so how did it turn out? I'll need to replace the rubber pad on my platform this year...
Old     (mobiusguy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-29-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
I had my fiberglass platform sprayed 2 years ago ($70.00) and it has been great. The original black rubber pad on my '03 Mobius began to break down and everyone's feet would bring a black residue into the boat and on the seats. It's been two years now with no issues and no regrets! Good luck.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-29-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
I'm thinking that it will start soon...What was the best way to take the old one off? Did you have to get it all off, or could you leave some? What grit did you choose? If you can get a pic, I'd like to see it...Thanks!
Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
I had my old teak platform on my 81SN sprayed with Linex-about 3-4 seasons ago and it has been great! The teak was so old and worn that screw tips were starting to come through and scratch the boards. It cost $150 and has been worth every penny. It is not slippery, does not scratch equipment, and looks great.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-29-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
John, post a pic when you get a chance. That would be so much easier than oiling / sanding / whatevering the teak.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-29-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Brian, the black residue was just dirt/dust build-up. I had the same problem when I left my boat in dry storage without a cover on the swimdeck. I always had black residue on the upholstry from everyone stepping in and out. I scrub it hard, every other week with simple green. It takes me like 2-3 times of scrubbing because it gets soooo dirty. My friend's Moombas had the same problem and we scrubbed it down too. No problems now.
Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
I currently dont have any pics with the platform on and the boat is in the garage, but here are some I just took of just the platform.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (cougar1)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
A buddy and his wife with a 2006 Centurion Avalanche had their original swim platform done and I believe it was Rhino. We all hated it. The first time the grit wasn't enough and was slick when wet then we had them redo it and it was way too much and scratched the boards and hurt our feet. I suppose there could be a good solution but our experience sucked. We had the dealer swap out for a new teak platform because it was their suggestion. YMMV