Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
Does anyone know of any enclosed boat storage near Kansas City? I believe I will be going to Smithville but I am open to other lakes as well.

I'll be moving there in late July and have to figure this out before then.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-29-2008, 9:32 PM Reply   
http://www.bluespringsmarine.com/pdf/winter%20storage%202007.pdf

I think it's about $50 a month. They store your boat in the caves (underground). Stays around 45F degrees or something all year round, so no freezing block issues.

I don't think Blue Springs Marine is the only ones that do this, there are a lot of caves in KC, i'm pretty sure most of the boat dealers have space in those.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-29-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
btw, welcome to KC...try the BBQ!!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-30-2008, 4:36 AM Reply   
Yes, you have to go to Oklahoma Joe's BBQ and get a Z-Man Sandwich. It is the best BBQ Sandwich in the world!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-30-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
I grew up going to KC barbecue, and thought I had had it all. Gates, Zarda, Arthur Bryants, a few others, but had never made it to Okla Joes. Had a friend take me the other weekend, the line was out the gas station door (one is attached to a gas station), waited for at least 30 min for the best bbq sandwich ever! Can't believe I had missed on that for so many years.

"And the home of the....... CHIEEEEEFS!!!" you'll know what that is after one game:-)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-30-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
as long as you don't stay out in the parking lot tailgating too long!
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-30-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
There are a few storage shed type places on both the east and west(downtown Smithville) sides of Smithville lake. If we knew where you were going to live and if you prefer storing near home or near the lake it would help.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-30-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
I'll be living in Zona Rosa and would prefer to store close to the lake. I think the west side of the lake would be closer to me.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-30-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
It would be so you'll probably bo launching just north of town off 169. Smithville's pretty small and the storage facilities are all pretty obvious just cruise up there on a weekend. The big dealer/storage place right off 169 about two miles north of 92.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-30-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
Oh wait you're not really here yet. I'll try to get the dealer's names and then just post it here tomorrow as I'm going up there tonight.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-30-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
thanks. I will have a very tight schedule when I arrive and will need to have already found storage for the boat or I won't be able to bring it. I can't store even overnight where I will be living.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-30-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
You can store it @ the old Leed's auto plant off 435 & Stadium Drive. I forget how much it was for the year, but the back area is gated & you have to phone in to get in to the security desk to get there.
Old     (psjs1205)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-01-2008, 4:01 AM Reply   
we keep ours at Waits High n Dry. the phone # 532-3900 and its on 169 hw right before the turn to Little Platte Launch at Smithville. We also have friends who store at different location by the Camp Branch Launch. i forgot the name but i'll find out and post it later. Hope that helps.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-01-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Try Smithville Marine(pricier) at 816-532-4000 and ask for Cindy or B&B marine at 816-532-0179. Both of these places are closer to Smithville so are slightly south of Waits.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-01-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
Yes, you gotta try Oklahoma Joes it's the best!

i see you have a Malibu Chad - note that B&B Storage that John lists above is also B&B Marine the Malibu dealer in KC. I can see how it might be nice if you are a busy guy to store there if you need any work done they can do it right onsite then repark it in your spot...
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
thanks. Today, the soon to be ex-wife told me she wants to keep the boat. Now I just have to decide do I let her keep it or take it with me when I move. Now, I at least know there are storage options available... and cheaper than TX btw.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-01-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
wow, that doesn't seem like a tough decision to me. Are you kidding?

Suppose you are letting her take your dog too?
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-01-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
This sounds like a good time to ask you to post pics of your wife this being WW and all.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-01-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
Why does she want the boat? Not trying to get personal, but I can see you being the boat "owner" in the relationship.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
It's funny that whenever the boat costs money it's "my" boat but then she enjoys it as much as I do; she also grew up on a lake. Last year she wanted me to upgrade the stereo in it so I dropped $5800 on it and have caught hell about it ever it ever since. Now she's pissed because she wants the boat and I sold the tower speakers.

Tj... yes, I had to send the dog away to my mother's house because my job doesn't exactly make it easy or fair to be a dog owner when you're not married. What a pain in the butt that was.

The boat is for sale for about what we owe on it; I should probably let her have it and if I want another one just buy another one then.

John... maybe soon... I hope to upgrade her too.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-01-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
lol, man your life is worse than i thought. that's really terrible.

sorry to tell you this but, your not gonna find too many "upgrade" opportunities in Smithville. Cow town USA.

need to keep that boat, get your dog back, and get you a job working at a bar at Lake of the Ozarks this summer. work at some mindless job for the summer and spend as much time as possible on the water...then we it gets cold move to Smithville and get a real job.

haha, that's the best .02cents i have to offer.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-01-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
I just picked up a '82 Ski Supreme and plan on using it as a river runner. Send me a PM when you get to town.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
tj... my wife owns a bar. That was the catalyst to my divorce. I don't think I want to work in one... just pisses me off now.

However, it won't stop me from enjoying a drink.