Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    gordy            03-10-2003, 1:37 AM Reply   
I just went out and bought a fat sack on the weekend for our boat, the only place i can put it is in the center ski locker, when we went out on saturday, the wake was still a bit washy on top, does anyone know how to fix this? would i just have to add more weight? the boat is a bayliner 185
thanks
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-10-2003, 7:28 AM Reply   
try trimming the motor up a little, till the wake looks clean. I used to ride behind a Glastron, and we always had to use the trim. This should solve your problem.
Old    gordy            03-11-2003, 2:33 AM Reply   
what about if i moved the weight up into the bow?
would that be better?
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2003, 8:35 AM Reply   
Moving the weight up to the bow will help the wake, but I'm guessing that you will still have to use the trim. I have found that I/O's will need to have the trim played with a bit. Try a couple different places for weight placement and see what works best for you. It is a good idea not to have all the weight in the back, in my opinion. However you do it, I still believe you are going to have to play with the trim.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-11-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
In my old I/O, I placed the sack under the rear bench seat. Even though I could not fully inflate it, the placement was better and I get a cleaner wake. I'm not sure if you have room or not but that worked for me.
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-14-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
I too have a Bayliner. I've found that the best place is in the bow. I've also got weight in the locker,but more in the bow. You'll still need to play with the trim.